logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
OP Offline
V
Cities do not come bigger than the Big Apple and this applies to the almost limitless options of accommodation in New York City. Business travelers and theater lovers prefer Midtown you�ll find the best 5 star luxury hotels including Barclay InterContinental Hotel New York, Waldorf Towers Hotel New York and The Time Hotel New York. In Manhattan you�ll find cosmopolitan hotels including Grand Hyatt Hotel New York, 373 Fifth Avenue Hotel New York and Radisson Lexington Hotel New York. While families go for the Upper East and West Sides, you�ll find excellent uptown hotels including Bentley Hotel New York and Muse Hotel New York. In the Financial District, you�ll find The Wall Street Inn New York and Millenium Hilton Hotel New York. Backpackers and non-establishment travelers will find a few good cheap hotels sprinkled around town including Broadway Hotel & Hostel New York and 309 Hotel New York. For the young and hip, it has to be downtown hotels including Soho Grand Hotel New York and Tribeca Grand Hotel New York. If you are planning on staying in New York City make sure you visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by VickiInNewYorkCity; 08/03/08 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
Hi everyone,

does anyone knows any convent that provides accomodation in Manhattan?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Welcome newbies to the forum, we hope that yous enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I was in NY City last weekend Feb. 6-9 and stayed at the Hampton Inn on W 35th street and the rooms were only 107.00 a night. Plus they still have smoking rooms on the third and fourth floors too.

We were a block away from the Empire State Building and two blocks from MSG. About a half a block up from Herald Square. Very nice location and close to just about everything.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
N
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
That sounds like a good deal, and a great location!

Megan Romer, New York Editor
New York Website
New York Forum
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yeah it was a good deal and everything was in walking distance. Plus I took a train there and it only cost $97.00 for the round trip.

I am looking forward to doing it again. lol.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I would try hotwire. I live in NY and usually book for my friends. Try the midtown or uptown areas since they are more centrally located.

N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
I wanted to add my two cents to the query about where to stay in NYC. I took my nine year old daughter to Manhattan for a mother-daughter overnight last winter. After a great deal of research, we settled on The Iroquois, a charming boutique hotel on 44th St. The location was fabulous--we could walk to Times Square (we went to Mme. Tussaud's), Broadway theatres (we saw Mary Poppins), and 5th Avenue (lunch and browsing at American Girl Place) in 3-5 minutes. Had we not been exhausted after all that, we could have also walked to MOMA, the Empire State Building, Radio City Music Hall, and Rockefeller Center. While the Iroquois is just a five minute walk from Grand Central Terminal, we chose to drive in to the city, and the Iroquois has a deal with the cleanest public parking garage I have ever seen. It is right across the street. The hotel room was small, but the two beds were absolutely heavenly--the mattresses, the puffy duvets, and even the soft Frette linens. The marble bathroom was also small but well appointed, newly refurbished, and clean. The view was of the fire escape, but that was fine--we weren't there to look out the window, just to sleep and shower. The Iroquois periodically offers great deals (we stayed for $170). It is safe, clean, elegant, and the staff is extremely helpful. As we were preparing to dash out the door in the rain to Mme. Tussaud's, the concierge brought us complimentary umbrellas. A small, self-service coffee bar is available in the lobby. Because I had told the receptionist in advance that I would be bringing my daughter, she had the room stocked with a child-size robe, slippers, Belgian chocolates, some games, activity books, and a packet bursting with information on what to do with children in NYC and special VIP-"go to the head of the line" passes and discount cards. An expensive but delicious Sunday brunch is available in Le Petit Triomphe (a separate, award-winning restaurant, Le Triomphe, is available for lunch and dinner). If you register with the Iroquois, they will send you periodic newsletters by email with special offers.

Jennifer Moore Stahlkrantz, Editor, BellaOnline.com
New York Travel & Leisure
Y
Y
I agree. Check out nyc.visitor-discounts.com. I found alot of mid-level hotels there. I found out about the Pod Hotel and stayed there--it was fine.

N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
Here's my review of the Four Seasons Hotel on 57th Street in NYC:
www.bellaonline.com/articles/art14177.asp What fun!

Last edited by NYTravelEditor; 11/28/09 04:14 PM.

Jennifer Moore Stahlkrantz, Editor, BellaOnline.com
New York Travel & Leisure
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.