logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I am new here. We have adopted 2 children and the oldest has autism and global delays. I would like to know if I can homeschool him and what do I do ? We live in Delaware.
How do i get curriculum specific to his needs ?
He goes to a special school, but it seems he learns more at home than anywhere.I kept him home from summerschool this year and noticed improvement in several areas.
Can anyone please help me ?

Renate

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Check out:
Aut2Bhome
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Diane Claus
B
Koala
Koala
B
Hi there and welcome to the forum. What are the laws regarding homeschooling in Delaware? What age are your kids? What about OT, speech and Adaptive PE? What type of curriculum is used at the school? What type of things has he learned this summer that he never learned at school? Does he have an aide? What type of goals are in the current IEP? How did you get him into the special school? Have they been in public school and had IEPs?

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
D
D
HI Tylers Mom
I have never posted here before but I saw your post and it made me think of a book I saw a friend using with his daughter. I don't know how old your child is but he has a preschooler and was using new letter identification and number identification workbooks for autistic kids that use ABA theories. The important thing is that his daughter really seemed to love working in them. I just called him and he said he got them from Room 52 Publications. He said he is pretty sure they have a website you can order from he thinks it is room52publications.com or dot net.
Good luck with your homeschooling. I agree it sometimes seems to work best for autistic kids, at least until they are mature enough for more complex social interaction.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.