logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Guess what!
Me and hubby walked in to our local pub (pub = 'bar' in America I think) the other day, just as a couple with 2 noisy toddlers walked in. We let them go 1st so we could suss where they would sit and sit somewhere miles away as one of them was already screaming.
Anyway, the barman turned to me and said ' I'm not having that in here' pointing to the kid! He thought it was our kid! I was surprised and said ' fine by me mate - its not mine!'
The parents were then asked to take the kids out and sit in the pub garden as kids were not allowed.
It was like wow! Such a refreshing change to have that happen in a restaurant pub! We were so surprised and pleased as we were about to spend �30 on a nice quiet romantic meal. The landlord chirped that there are 'plenty of Wacky Warehouse type venues for families!'
Cool day.
Lise

Sponsored Post Advertisement
What a treat! smile I'm a little jealous! Hubby and I live in Utah where the predominant religion not only wants you to have a dozen kids, it forbids alcohol too, so there's only a few bars which you have to be a member of and have terrible food.

Great victory for you and your husband, I bet you'll make that pub one of your favorite places laugh Maybe I should look into moving out of the U.S., it seems some other places are far more advanced when it comes to childfree!

I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I
MiraKitty, I didn't know you were in Utah! So am I. Good to know there are a few people who are CF here. I really want to move out of Utah so I don't have to be bugged as much about this stuff.

laugh I thought I was the only one here!! Ha, ha! Maybe we can find more and set up our own childfree club!

It's crazy, all our neighbors are getting minivans to truck around their 3, 4, or MORE kids...and we live in two bedroom apartments! I can't imagine having any more people living here than me and my husband, let alone noisy, boisterous kids.

I'm with you on moving out of here, but from reading these boards it seems we're doomed to be "bugged" for the rest of our childbearing years!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Admittedly, the baby-crazed are almost everywhere, but certain areas, especially those with a heavy religious influence in the secular community, are even more kid-oriented. While I don't suggest moving just to avoid bingos, the atmosphere of the community should always be a consideration when relocating. Making a choice that suits you in EVERY respect can have many rewards.

As for the bingos ending with your childbearing years, wait until you get old enough to get the pitying looks and the "Aawww, you never had kids! Poor thing!"

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I
I know, I've been searching for others all over the place, and I only know of a few. I'm just glad that both me and my husband have so many brothers and sisters, that when we don't have any kids, our parents can't bug us about not being grandparents.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.