logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Shane is an intelligent, eco-activist high school student who has been accepted into the Peruvian Rainforest Conservation Project.
Read about it here: http://volunteer-conservation-peru.org/

Shane has been trying to raise the $4000 necessary to participate in the program for 2 yrs. He is about $1750 short. The program starts in mid-July� he is currently going door-to-door and to shopping centers asking for money. I have no doubt he is going to Peru!
He lives with his Mom in MD and has maintained excellent grades while working part-time in a pet store and other odd jobs. He is the parront of Jack, a young female Blue and Gold Macaw and, earlier this year, an elderly relative asked him to take Petey, an older Amazon, since she could not properly care for him. Petey has been in the family for many, many years and Shane was supposed to inherit him but the relative decided to rehome him with Shane now. Obviously, this is a very special young man.
I have known him online though two other bird forums for about two years and have been impressed with his affection for his parrots and level of commitment to their care, while trying to balance his educational goals, family responsibilities and a part-time job.

If you would like to help Shane get to Peru, please just send me a donation through Paypal(make sure you note it is for Shane) and I will make sure he gets the money. If you have any other questions or would like to speak to Shane directly, please email me at ginisbirdiebread@aol.com and I will send you his contact info.

BIRDIEBREAD� has already made a donation to help this young man live his dream and, perhaps, find his future career!

[color:#993399] [b]GINI
FIDS-Charley,Cha-Cha,Ladybird-Cockatiels
Shrek,Quaker & Fiona,Maroon Bellied Conure
Dog-Annie Cats-Cosmo and Howi
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Koala
Koala
M
Gini didn't put her e-mail address to send the donations for Shane - so please send to

ginisbirdiebread@aol.com

If you want to contact Shane or him Mom directly, you can ask Gini for their contact info. She doesn't want to post Shane's contact info here because he is a minor.

I am heading to paypay now to send something to help out. smile

Last edited by Mavis - Editor, Birds Site; 07/05/08 11:02 AM.

Mavis
Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Thank you,Mavis! grin Shane has promised to send back Reports from the Rainforest to all the forums that help him meet his financial need! He leaves on July 14th.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Shane left for the Rainforest in Peru on Monday, July 14th. He was very excited that he was really going and a little nervous about going through several airports and making all his connections by himself. He has his laptop and a new digital camera with him and he will post here when he arrives and gets set up. What an exciting experience!

M
Koala
Koala
M
How exciting for him! smile
I'm so happy that he got to go and am looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing his stories.

Mavis

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.