Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
B
My friend is newly engaged, and her fiance has decided he wants the two of them to do a crazy first dance at their reception and surprise everyone, kind of like on the show "Rock the Reception." Here's a clip if you're curious of the kind of stuff they do:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
I wouldn't have done that, because I am WAY too nervous dancing!

But I think it would be funny. I knew a couple once who did the entire song "You're the One That I Want" from Grease -- just like the movie!! Choreographed it and everything. It really fit this couple.

I think it can be hysterical, but only if BOTH are comfortable with it. I'd hate to think of your friend dreading her own reception because she was nervous about the crazy dance!!

Kim

Kim Kenney
BellaOnline Museums Editor
My Museum Ebooks

"Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind stimulating, your philosophy acceptable, and your experiences helpful. Let those who do not, seek their own kind." -Jean-Henri Fabre
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
This couple was on the View yesterday and did this one.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
oh that is hilarious. I would do it now, we've been married for 15 years, but I probably would not have done it when we were first married

S
S
Haha, that is funny. I remember that video that was huge on YouTube about that couple that danced to 'Baby Got Back'. That was so hilarious! I haven't heard of a show surrounding it though. Sounds funny. When is it on babyblue?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Oh man , thats so cool, now thats what i call a reception i was wiggling in my chair, getting down

Rosie L
I was talking about Vance's cool video

Rosie L
S
S
I actually found a LOT of clips on YouTube about this Rock the Reception show. I thought this one was cute

Last edited by SummerLove; 07/24/08 07:36 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Here's a possible compromise. Do a combination, I'm certain their DJ could edit the music. They could start out funky and finish up romantic or the reverse. This could satify both the bride and groom, as well as the guests, who may be expecting a traditional 1st dance.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
If the Bride has always dreamed of thast romantic 1st dance - then her Groom really ought to give in on this one. This is one of those life-time memory things, and like someone else said, they would both need to be comfortable with the idea.

But they could make the 2nd dance a funky one.

We did this at our wedding. We had our 1st dance, dance w/ parents, and then a dance with our children (from my previous marriage) that were all sweet.

Then we asked our entire bridal party and family to join us on the floor for a special dance -and did the cha-cha slide! From that point on it was all fun music (we had lots of kids at our wedding - plus I love to dance).

Then our final dance was romantic.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Christina-Weddings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.