For being absent for so long.
In March this year I was having some 'funny turns' as my mother used to say. Very peculiar feelings and not at all predictable. One happened whilst loading the BBQ equipment into the van for a job. One whilst entertaining friends and another in the bath and even another whilst I was dozing off for a short nap. Many tests later It was discovered that I had a blocked (75%) left cardiac artery.

I had been treated for trigeminal neuralgia, which I do suffer from occasionally, and for a few other obscure disorders, but in the end I was about to suffer a stroke or even a heart attack. Luckily it was found before it was too late and surgery via microsurgery cured the problem.

I can't believe how long it has taken to get back to my normal self...the urge to write was suppressed for some reason...even though the desire to work was, thank goodness, not affected.

I suppose the realization that we are after all only transient in this life comes as a bit of a shock. I have spent the last couple of months gazing at silly things like blackcurrants growing and watching the red kites wheeling over my garden.

Hopefully I am more or less back to normal and hopefully the recession we are all going through both sides of the Atlantic won't cause too much of a dip in income...because being ill certainly does.
I am very grateful that I had the foresight to put a little by for a rainy day and now have to work hard to replenish that.

When the coffers are empty everyone feels vulnerable!

Thank you so much to all those who have participated in this forum in the past few months and kept it active.
Especially to guest authors Michelle and Deborah.

Thanks guys!