So last week, I was on a plane from Arizona back to home sweet home, and as happens in Arizona in July, we were quite suddenly and without a ton of warning, trapped at the gate by a monsoon.

But that was the least of my concerns. With a weather situation, I would much rather be on the ground stuck on a plane in bad weather than in the air stuck in a plane that can't land.

However, there was one very vocal passenger a row or two back from me who was incredibly upset and frustrated by the fact that we weren't moving. After making several phone calls, exclaiming her dismay for the situation she was in (and using some - shall we say - "colorful" language to describe her anger), she then opened up the conversation into an all-out fight with her significant other about their relationship - all due to the fact that the boy wasn't feeling well and didn't want to trek out to the airport at 2 AM to pick her up.

All the drama of the situation aside, it was obvious that the girl was frustrated, upset, and slightly inebriated. Usually by the time I get on the plane, I'm just happy to be there. I'll sleep, listen to my iPod, read, whatever. People who travel less frequently aren't as quickly able to find the zen in the moment.

So I'm wondering what your thoughts are and what you would do in a similar situation....

With the Frustrated Solo Traveler, do you....
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/13/08 02:55 AM

Christine Wilcox
BellaOnline Solo Travel Editor
BellaOnline Dating Editor

"Hurry up and come visit me before we get too old to hear each other swear." Mark Twain