logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
Oh god you must be a Dem. Or is it a "Dum". Fox news is the ONLY station that reflects morals. So if you had any at all you would watch.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
And I am tired of black people reminding me that they are black.
I don't see skin color, I have friends that are African American.
Why do blacks have to remind us of their skin color? If you ask me THEY are the ones keeping racism alive today! And if science has proven an extra helix of DNA in white people......facts are facts.
Again does God himself love a person less? I think not. While we are here on earth it all comes down to how a person applies his knowledge anyways.

J
J
And so are you! ( a joke)

C
C
I think the point is that Fox simply aired an interview with a controversial character. As if ABC and their ilk haven't done the same thing. As a matter of fact I do remember ABC making mention of the snafu caused by his remarks, as Fox only comes in for part of the day here. (too cheap to pay for cable instead of feeding kids)
If I had to rely on NPR and ABC for my news of the world I would one very sorry, slanted and limited person. I notice that NPR and ABC aren't reporting terribly much on the flooding and levy breaks in the midwest, and there is no one sitting on their porch shouting "where's the gov't?" Where is all the news about some Idahoan potato farmer looting expensive tennis shoes? The right wing reported on Katrina catching every possible racial angle, when it was quite simply a natural disaster. Making it race related was done by the media and those in the black community that are racist. It made me sick and I wanted nothing to do with 'rebuilding New Orleans" at that point.
To report without an obviously defined agenda...wouldn't that be something?

Orthodox homeschooling mom to 7, one with Rett Syndrome
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
This is especially for those who seems to have a "color issue". Why not stop by and learn how to plant bulbs and maybe that'll take that edge off of being so hostile? Let us learn to respect and allow the differences we all have and learn to agree to disagree. Gardening can be soooooo therapeutic. With that being noted, we'll deal in facts:

"I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

*If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'
but if you grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.

*If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

but name your kids Willow, Trig, and Track; you're a maverick.

*Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.

but attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

*If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

but if your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council, 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, and 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

*If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

yet if you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

*If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

yet if, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, (though its not your fault), you're very responsible.

*If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.

but if your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

Its not about race but the quality of the people. Let's be smart individuals and recognize and acknowledge and give people their proper credit. No matter what color.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I took a look at the first post about a DNA report? It's hard to believe a white person vs a black is smarter. I've not personally seen this. I have a multi-racial circle of friends. However, what I am seeing is that the other races are getting tired of seeing blacks making an issue about their skin color. That ship has kind of come and gone. I think in a post in the clairvoyant forum I felt the african american had a window of sorts where the media, specifically, focusses on the black american. It had to do w/money though more than them. After this window of about 10 years, it's business as usual. Other races will be featured. I felt they were in the 6 of the 10 years....

It's going to come down to a point, if it hasn't already, that they are going to have to face the facts that they have two arms and two legs like anyone else. The getting a hands up theory is backfiring. After all is said and done, if you keep griping or engage in constant negative feedback no president, black, white or any other color is going to help. Hard work - any color, focuss (whatever it is) is what makes change. If all you focus on is griping, in the end that in a hand bag is all you will have to show for it.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
G
G
Actually, isn't FOX the only station really covering the ACORN indictment?? (i.e. things like registering dead people to vote etc..etc..) And I haven't seen anything on television anywhere regarding Corsi's detainment in Kenya. And I still am not seeing what I want to see on that damned "Obama Youth" video which is basicially an apology from his camp on how utterly STUPID it was. What would have we all done if McCain had put a vid like that on his site??? That scared the [censored] out of the constitutional law class I teach. And finally, I worked with a young mother (white) years ago who had just had a baby (father was black, baby very obviously Af/Am) and she named him "Simian." Yes it's true. She had NO clue. I like to have died and no I did not tell her. On that note, I need a glass of wine!

I personally think that the four primary candidates are just a tad spooky right now . . . maybe it's just October.

Oh and just because Sylvia mentioned censorship...which bugs the [censored] out of me.....I think Random House was really, really sorry for refusing to publish "Jewell of Medina" because they were afraid of "inciting" radical Muslim extremists to violence. I enjoy your section by the way Sylvia!

Gina Cowley, Women's Issues Editor
Women's Issues
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Originally Posted By: Kimmie08
This is especially for those who seems to have a "color issue". Why not stop by and learn how to plant bulbs and maybe that'll take that edge off of being so hostile? Let us learn to respect and allow the differences we all have and learn to agree to disagree. Gardening can be soooooo therapeutic. With that being noted, we'll deal in facts:

"I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

*If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'
but if you grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.

*If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

but name your kids Willow, Trig, and Track; you're a maverick.

*Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.

but attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

*If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

but if your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council, 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, and 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

*If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

yet if you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

*If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

yet if, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, (though its not your fault), you're very responsible.

*If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.

but if your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

Its not about race but the quality of the people. Let's be smart individuals and recognize and acknowledge and give people their proper credit. No matter what color.

Kim - I love this! You are awesome!

Barbara Sharpe

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Whites smarter than Blacks? It takes a wise man to separate intellectual debate from humanistic heresy. Why do we even go there in the first place? Boredom or prejudice? This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard of late.

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 03/23/11 02:46 PM.
As a multiracial individual I have tried to see this discussion in a logical fashion. The logical response to ignorance is education, but that doesn't always work because prejudice isn't always logical.

Some of the most prejudice people I have met have been those that fight for freedom and some of the most open-minded people I have met have loved the confederate flag.

I think it's time for us to stop looking at symbols and to start looking at people. If we begin to rest on our laurels then we may become hypocrites and not even know it.

Communicate, communicate, communicate...

Lorraine E. Chavis
Civil Rights
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 02:52 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.