logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do you have any tips to share for enhancing self-esteem?

Anything you've done you'd like to share? Or, what's the most exciting thing you've done to enhance your self-esteem?

Thanks for sharing!!!

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
For me, acknowledging my successes, strengths and virtues helps more than anything. I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" as a very young child, and every year, I'd re-visit the difference I'd made being on the planet. That has helped me weather many "downs" and probably, to accomplish more than I think I would have otherwise.

Other stories, such as the Wilma Rudolph bio helped me learn to be daring and resilient, too.

Oh, and I started collecting inspirational quotes as a pre-teen. I kept a file folder of them and well, you just can't settle for mediocrity when you know there are other options! LOL

Great question! I look forward to hearing other people's responses.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Admit that you are human and have the opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Life's experiences permit us to grow and learn not only thru achievements but from listening to others who have been there, passing on your own trials and lessons learned, help someone learn. Every time I pass on some info or lesson or idea that helps someone, my self-esteem grows. I also keep inspirational quotes in my journal that I titled "when needed, look in here". Writing poems about my own fears, joys, lessons have helped me a great deal for when I read them back to myself it is like I am teaching myself, reminding myself that I am growing.

Also, buying a new outfit when I have lost a little weight helps!

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/02/08 08:29 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
J
Koala
Koala
J
Learning to forgive and let go of the past was a big one for me. When I learned to forgive others, I also had to learn to forgive myself for my own part in past situations. Once that burden was lifted off of me and I realized I'd done the best I could in the circumstances, then I quit beating myself up over the past.

When I started studying the law of attraction, I realized that we all have our part in the larger scheme of things (Just like It's a Wonderful LIfe!) and whatever we did or didn't do, was all part of the way things were supposed to be to get us where we are now.

I feel much more at peace with life now and the path I traveled was what got me to this point.

N
N
I think one of the best ways to enhance self-esteem is to start small, choose a small personal goal, ei: for a shy person shopping alone, then talk yourself through it, once you have accomplished a few small goals, each is brick and mortar to your self-esteem. Then you can look back at these small wins, with each you become more confident. As they say you have to walk before you run, pick easy things, don't sabotage yourself by choosing to difficult a task. I am naturally shy & had to slowly
gently come out of myself, I'm still shy even after years but I now feel more comfortable everyday.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
About 4 years ago I stopped yoyo dieting and compulsive exercising and converted my lifestyle to the Bill Phillips plan. It transformed my life. I no longer have worries about food. I highly recommend Bill's "Body for Life" lifestyle to everyone! It will change your life and you will never be the same. Trust me.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 06/10/08 08:28 PM.
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Learning to forgive is a big one!

Learning to forgive ourselves is huge. The past is the past - learn from the past and go forward.

We are only human and we make mistakes - we didn't come with an instruction book and we're all living life by trial and error.

I work on giving myself some slack and not being so hard on myself.

Self-esteem is the overall picture you have of yourself as a worthy and deserving person. I want to be good to myself and nurture my self-esteem - it's the only one I have!

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
I feel good when I know I have helped someone in some way. For me, teaching others gives a boost to my self-esteem. It makes me realize that I do know more than I thought I did and reminds me that I can be of value to others.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Gecko
Gecko
Phyllis ou do a great job of helping others on your site and in these forums!

I agree with you, watching someone achieve because of something you've written or said is inspiring and humbling at the same time.

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

Amoeba
Amoeba
This is a great thread. These tips made my day.

I agree with Deb Creative Editor's thoughts on food. I am foodie too.And according to me Positive thinking is also a good way to enhance self-esteem.

Last edited by LesFex; 07/02/08 02:01 AM.

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well - Rene Descartes

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.