Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
This connects more to friendship in general, but I had two close friends shut me out when they hit rough patches in their lives and for a long time I was sure it was all my fault, because that was what I was used to thinking, and they weren't willing or able to admit otherwise initially. Because they were so close, I'm struggling with trust issues now, and both of them keep in touch, which is ironic : p I don't need or want to be open again, still processing.

Last edited by Keaghry; 06/22/08 08:48 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Keaghry #429304 06/22/08 11:04 PM
A
A
Isn't it crazy that there are billions of people and it is so hard to find that perso that is "the one" for you. If there are so many fish in the see, how come there are so few people that are happy together and so many that are unhappy and lonely...

Keaghry #429420 06/23/08 11:22 AM
K
k2y Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Keaghry, I had to learn the hard way that close friends are hard to come by and even harder to keep. Friendship is definitely a two-way street and is much more fragile than most people seem to think, which is probably why it is often taken for granted so easily.

I understand your reluctance to open up like that again though. I'm friendly with just about anybody, but trust isn't something I hand out freely anymore.

K
k2y Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
You ask a really good question, Angel216.

Personally, I think alot of it has to do with unrealistic expectations. People need to realize that there is no fairy tale, happily-ever-after hollywood ending in the real world.

Love is always easy and beautiful in the beginning but what really counts is the quality of love that remains once the novelty wears off.

I think people need to be more honest with themselves and their partners about whether or not the relationship is right for them. Sometimes people want to love and be loved so badly that they will try to force it even when they know they're doing so with the wrong person. I was guilty of that myself for many years but have since learned my lesson. I was always trying to blame my unhappiness on outside factors when I had the power to change it all along.

There would probably be a lot less loneliness in the world if more people figured out that the cure for it starts only from within.

k2y #429431 06/23/08 12:38 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Kristina, Dating Editor
Personally, I think alot of it has to do with unrealistic expectations. People need to realize that there is no fairy tale, happily-ever-after hollywood ending in the real world.

You know, one of our other editors - Elle was talking about the "happily ever after" in the marriage forum, and she made the comment that she would rather NOT have the fairytale romance.

The reason? Because in order to get to that happily ever after, there is always some major crisis to go through first.

Last edited by Michelle_Launch; 06/23/08 08:01 PM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
K
k2y Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
That's a good point! Also, I think it would be kind of boring if things were too perfect. A little speed bump in the road of romance every now and then sometimes helps to keep things interesting!

k2y #429636 06/23/08 07:49 PM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
You catch what I couldn't find the words for, about friendly and trust. I am trying to make sense of getting such a precious gift and then losing it, but can see after some time spent gaining perspective, that it might just be it changed shape, not lost the connection. We do own the cure, but is a struggle sometimes to realize it.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I think those are good ideas, but am smart enough to know that before choosing to pursue, have to have resolved basically the things that I am working through. Right now I need space and to take care of myself, so that whatever direction I end up going in, it's with a clear head : )

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.