Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Hey, there, Deb.

Besides my HIV site, I am beginning a cooking website. I'm beginning it in a blog since I can't spend money on it right now. I have the concept, need to get a designer and stuff. My question is: how to promote it? How do I get people to go to it? Any suggestions you have would be great.

Barbara Sharpe

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
There are many free ways you can promote a website, Barbara. I can't be really specific without knowing your audience, so I suggest you define that first--so you can make better decisions about where to "find" them to tell them about your site.

It matters because if you have a "beginner's site"--how to boil an egg, for instance, then you market that differntly than if you have one that is "cooking healthy" or "cooking light" or "gourmet on a budget" or whatever your particular "niche" would be.

So, once you decide who you want to write for, then get a clear picture in your head of who they are and "talk" to them via articles, social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter), and even forum postings with your site in your signature line. You can also comment on other's blogs, again with a link to yours in the signature line.

And, be sure to let your own friends & family & coworkers & whatever other "networks" you're in know about your blog/website and encourage them to pass it on.

Of course, all this presumes you do good "page building" -- clear, concise headlines, good keywords, enough but not too many words per page, not too many ads, focused content, -- you know, the basics.

And, be sure to let us know what you're doing!

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Thanks, Deb. The basic premise is "reality based healthful eating." You know, most of us want to eat healthfully but how many are truly going to give up bread forever? Not that many. So it will be about eating well most of the time and leaving room for some indulgence. With recipes, other topics, etc.

Your ideas were helpful - I'm working on writing some in advance so that I can be sure to have a post every other day or so, then i'll get started with promotion. I'll be sure to let you know ! Thanks. smile

Barbara Sharpe

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I look forward to reading it, Barbara!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
What should i put on my business cards for CrestlineLiving.com? I mean as a tag line?

I am thinking something like 'San Bernardino Mountain Communities and Lifestyles'...is that boring? I want to get the SB mt communities or sb mt towns in there, so people know I am covering more than just crestline, per se.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
That's a great question as it really forces you to identify your objective! What is the message your hope to get across? It's a great place to live? If so, why?

Overall, I think I'd shorten it a bit or make it more "active" if you will, for example, (I'm totally shooting from the hip here):

"Living in the San Bernardino Mountain Communities"
"Life in the Mountains" or "Our Life in the Mountains"
"Mountain Views & Attitudes"
"Mountain life in a small town"

I love your site already, and it's friendly, informative point of view is just great!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you! I am not thrilled with the design but don't have any other particular idea yet. So i may as well keep it as is until i come up with something better or hire someone to make it nicer.

As for a tag, I really need it to say san bernardino mountain towns/communities...something like that. I am going to be handing this to people in arrowhead, blue jay, cedar glen, etc...i don't want them to feel excluded when the title of the site is Crestline.

This one seems closest:
"Living in the San Bernardino Mountain Communities"

but I do like the mountain attitudes and views one also.

Last edited by Jilly; 06/30/08 04:25 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
My objectives -

1. i want people to know it's a great place to live, but to also realize it's not for everyone. there are some serious limitations to life here. People need to decide if this is right for them.

2. I want to hand out the card to local establishments in the various small towns and possibly get requests to review their shops, spas, lodges, eateries, etc.

3. I want to get the notice of the local Realtors so they pay me to write this blog, or I work out some kind of arrangement where I review the homes for sale and get some kind of payment for it. I want to take pictures and videos of the listings along with my personality talking about the home/land/whatever. I help them sell, and i get some kind of fee for my efforts. I am hoping this can turn into a nice way to make income for me.

Last edited by Jilly; 06/30/08 04:30 PM.
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Sometimes tag lines need to be more informative than entertaining and if that one works and says it for you, then use it. It would certainly help explain your site on your business cards, so there you go.

You can put the other in your stash and use it as a page title or newsletter title or whatever else comes along.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
What do you think of my objectives? [curious]

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.