logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Every fall, I take a look at the new TV offerings and make quick decisions about which new shows to watch. When I was younger, this was easy; if I picked a stinker, I could switch gears and get into another show. Today's shows have more of a barrier to entry. With many of them, if you don't watch from the first episode you are totally lost.

Luckily, this now-or-never scenario is offset by the new ways to watch TV. With TV shows on DVD, DVRs, and online streaming video, I can go back and start watching that show that looked bad but turned out to be all the rage. Right now, I have a list of premieres that I plan to track down: Pushing Daisies, Reaper, and Eli Stone, for starters.

Are there any shows that you wished you had started watching when they first premiered? I'm especially talking about shows that turned out to be totally different than you thought. For instance, the brief preview I got of Lost made me think it was a reality show. Boy, was I wrong laugh

Dani Sanders, Prime Time TV Ed.
Prime Time TV Website
Prime Time TV Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I LOVE Reaper. Everyone i know who watches it, loves Reaper. It's very entertaining and it has started to develop a decent mythology/arc as it goes. Top notch casting and good writing. smile

This was a surprise hit in my book.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Jilly
I LOVE Reaper. Everyone i know who watches it, loves Reaper. It's very entertaining and it has started to develop a decent mythology/arc as it goes. Top notch casting and good writing. smile

This was a surprise hit in my book.

Jill, did you start watching Reaper right off the bat, or did you wait until you started hearing some buzz?

Dani Sanders, Prime Time TV Ed.
Prime Time TV Website
Prime Time TV Forum
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I watch The View and they often have people on there who are talking about a TV series that I havne't watched and I become intriqued. SO I downloaded The L Word and have been watching it. So far I am up to season 3, I'm waiting for that to download now.

I LOVE the show, its funny, its smart, its socially conscience, its amazing. I love when they have people on there as guests. Gloria Steinberg was on and various others. Its an amazing show.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Danielle, sorry, just saw your response. I was watching Reaper from day one. I also watched Chuck from the beginning. The funny thing is that I thought Chuck was going to be good and that Reaper wouldn't be. i was completely reversed in reality. We fell completely in love with Reaper and stopped watching Chuck after about five episodes.

I am so happy Reaper got picked up for next season!

Moderated by  Maria - Prime Time TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.