logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
Thanks Michelle,
When we married, I gave Dh rights to my body. When Dd was born I didn't take them away again.
With him working all day and me at home all day its easy to develop a separate lifestyle mentality and begin to pull away from each other but My hubby and I try to stay intimately involved with each other in everything we can. He gives me everything I need to the best of his ability and I give him whatever I can. We produced a beautiful daughter together and we raise her together and we enjoy the new benefits in everyway.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
NIN Offline
N
I have the right to speak my mind.You have to realize that some people are going to disagree with you.

N
NIN Offline
N
Originally Posted By: BrendaDD
My Husband is very supportive and in fact if it wasn;t for him I probably would've had to quit. When I brought dd home from the hospital, she had trouble latching on and then my milk came in. My breasts got so full and hard that she couldn't latch on. The more I tried, the harder they got and painful too. After I burst into tears, my husband got down and sucked out the excess until they were soft again and dd could latch on.
Weeks later, when dd started to sleep longer at night, my breasts again got full and painful and I couldn't sleep. Sleep was very important to me and since I hate pumps, I woke up Dh and asked him to suck out the excess. He was overjoyed!
Later again DD began to develop a preference for one side and I stared to get lopsided. Hubby was very happy to help me balance up. So I owe my breastfeeding success and pleasure to him. Without him it would have been a painfull nightmare but with him it's been a pleasure.

I still find that very strange for husband to do that type of thing, while the woman is breastfeeding her baby. I never heard of a woman allowing her husband to do that. I even spoke to other people about this and they also think its very weird.

Last edited by NIN; 06/20/08 10:54 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Some people find this erotic, while others find the breasts too "functional" during nursing to see them as they did before pregnancy.

It truly is just a matter of preference between the couple - just as any sensual act would be.

I found when I was nursing it was much easier to start by hand expressing (basically massaging the breast) to get the painful engorgement down first, then I could use a pump, or the baby could latch on better. I would also lay a warm washcloth on my breast to help.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
B
B
Sorry, I didn't want to take up so much space on this discusion which is supposed to be about husband's support but equally don't want to leave people in the dark.
There are many websites out there dedicated to supporting couples who do not reserve breastmilk for baby only including snclist, a yahoo group with thousands of couples registered(and there is a Christian version) and "landmilkhoney.com" andBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

My husband is very supportive. He tries to make my life as easy as possible. I've been nursing non-stop for four years now, so he must be doing something right wink. He also changes 97% of the diapers while he's home, even though I'm a SAHM and he works 10+ hours a day b/c he says if I feed them, it's the least he can do.

On a side note, he doesn't suckle the milk from my breasts during sex, he says he's afraid he'll get shot/soaked, but I do slip him some (he says it's ok as long as he doesn't know ahead of time b/c he feels like he's taking away from the kids) if he's feeling a little on the yucky side (in his food or whatever) and we use it for homeopathic remedies.

Regards, Lisa
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
My husband is very supportive and, though he didn't start out "singing the praises" of breastfeeding, we are now expecting #3 and he has stood up for me through both my other two.

Postpartum he will get up, get the baby and hand it to me for nightfeeding.

When I got "in trouble" for nursing at church he called a special meeting and, when that failed, we left to find a new church. I was SO proud when we had our initial visit with the pastor of a prospective church and he brought up the fact that we planned to nurse our second child and would anyone have a problem with it? :-) I felt very respected and protected.

In my childbirth classes my husband has a little talk with the guys seperately about postpartum support and breastfeeding.

Angela <><

Angela England
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Angela,

What a great idea for a section in a childbirth class! Good for you two!

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Well I show a very graphic ten minute video about breastfeeding - LOTS of different boobies and different latches/positions, etc. So to make things more comfortable for everyone, Sidney takes the Dads out for that ten minute time to talk a little bit from a Father's perspective. This last time was our first time to do it and it went REALLY well.

Angela <><

Angela England
Originally Posted By: BrendaDD
My Husband is very supportive and in fact if it wasn;t for him I probably would've had to quit. When I brought dd home from the hospital, she had trouble latching on and then my milk came in. My breasts got so full and hard that she couldn't latch on. The more I tried, the harder they got and painful too. After I burst into tears, my husband got down and sucked out the excess until they were soft again and dd could latch on.
Weeks later, when dd started to sleep longer at night, my breasts again got full and painful and I couldn't sleep. Sleep was very important to me and since I hate pumps, I woke up Dh and asked him to suck out the excess. He was overjoyed!
Later again DD began to develop a preference for one side and I stared to get lopsided. Hubby was very happy to help me balance up. So I owe my breastfeeding success and pleasure to him. Without him it would have been a painfull nightmare but with him it's been a pleasure.

That's amazing... I don't know if my husband would dare help in that way!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.