Page 1 of 2 1 2
#427316 06/16/08 04:40 PM
K
k2y Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
but pain is often an impressive teacher.

As tempting as it is to take rejection personally, it's really just part of the process. Can you imagine what dating would be like without rejection?

My latest article is all about why rejection hurts and why it shouldn't have to. Feel free to check it out here .

Sponsored Post Advertisement
k2y #427790 06/17/08 09:50 PM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
One thing wanted to say, and it's not about rejection per se, but about being alone: it sucks. Humans need and want to give and receive affection, unfortunately I have no one to give and receive and after trying a reasonable number of times, am losing interest in putting myself out there, as a friend or anything else. It's not personal, it's just life. I hate being on the outside, but neither is the risk worth it.

Keaghry #427799 06/17/08 10:00 PM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
It is hard being alone. I had a thought one day that I'd share with others the "love" I'd been saving up for that special one. It change my perspective alot. I began to shower other with tender love and kindness because I didn't want to wait any more to share all that I had to give with "the one". My life has been different since that time. It's still hard being alone at times but it's much better than it was before, now I'm very happy and some new and interesting things are happening. Thanks for being open and real!

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator
Keaghry #427801 06/17/08 10:04 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Keaghry
I hate being on the outside, but neither is the risk worth it.

Quote:
Great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- the Dalai Lama

After my divorce from my 1st husband - I thought I could never trust again. But the man I am married to now I feel like was sent to me by God. He is everything I not only wanted, but needed in a partner. And I almost missed it, because I was scared of messing up our friendship.

But luckily I took the risk, and we've been married for 7 years now, and my daughter actually asked me, "Do you and David ever argue?"

BTW - I just want to add - yes we do argue - but it is almost never in front of the children.

Last edited by Michelle_Launch; 06/23/08 12:40 PM.
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
That's true, but I am not in a place right now where that is a wise choice at this point in time.

Last edited by Keaghry; 06/17/08 10:27 PM.
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Been there, done that, paid for it. No longer bitter, just want some time off. Welcome for honesty, though : )

Keaghry #427811 06/17/08 10:31 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That's a great article! I think definitely it's important to remember that rejection is very frequently NOT personal at all. It's completely unrelated to you. It could be that they're busy with work, or stressed out by family, or who knows what else. They might tell you something to 'break up' but it could be something else.

I really do believe that if it was meant to be, it would have worked. If you break up, as hard as it is to accept it at the time, it means the relationship wasn't the one. A relationship you want is one where *both* of you actively work and tend to it daily. If for whatever reason you aren't both in that frame of mind, then it is best to move on and find the situation where it works.

I am pretty sure that every couple who is happy can recount past relationships that they "thought" were great - but which fell apart. Those were all learning stages for them to reach their ideal partner.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Keaghry #427813 06/17/08 10:35 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Keaghry
One thing wanted to say, and it's not about rejection per se, but about being alone: it sucks. Humans need and want to give and receive affection, unfortunately I have no one to give and receive and after trying a reasonable number of times, am losing interest in putting myself out there, as a friend or anything else. It's not personal, it's just life. I hate being on the outside, but neither is the risk worth it.

We are all here on the forums to talk with! I know it's virtual, but I have many friends on these forums who I treasure greatly, who I rarely if ever see in person. Their support is very meaningful to me.

For in person friends, I find the key is to pursue an interest, not people. So for example if I love yoga, I would go to a weekly yoga class. After a few weeks, some of the fellow yoga people and I would begin to get into discussions and it would grow from there.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Keaghry #427816 06/17/08 10:40 PM
K
k2y Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Keaghry, I know how disappointing it can be to allow yourself to be vulnerable only to have it blow up in your face time and time again. You are dead right - it's not personal, it's just life. But I must disagree with you about the risk not being worth it. I can tell you from personal experience that even one single, genuine connection with another human being is well worth all the disappointments that came before it.

It may seem like putting up walls will protect you from getting hurt but the truth is that it probably won't. Sometimes walls hurt even more than people do.

Don't doom yourself to certain failure by refusing to take a chance every now and then. You deserve better!

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I'll say rejection hurts. I have met many different women when I was single and was shot down by them. "I wasn't the guy they were looking for" or "I am not ready to raise your children" That one really got me because I never asked anyone to raise my children.

I was raising them just fine when I was single. Iknow what they were talking about though. They were not ready to get into a relationship with a "ready made family" or were not ready to raise a family but it was just the way it was said.

Lisa had the best idea though. Join a club or even a "parents without partners" club, for those who are parents that is. Start talking to people about the club and the activities there and soon something may grow from it. If not a romantic relationship, then at least a friendship or two.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.