logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I am about to embark on a milestone with my Urilife home based business. On Saturday, June 14, 2008 Urilife and I are taking the kids and hitting the road for a month long vacation back home. Yup you heard me right! A month, can you believe it? It still hasn�t set in that we will be gone that long�I�m sure it will once we are there!

Where is home you ask? Colorado! We plan on staying with family and friends, all of which are pretty spread out within the state. So there will be lots of people to see and places to visit. We are quite excited, it�s been almost two years since we sold our house and moved to Rhode Island. Two years of missing family, friends and mountains!

On to the dilemma, well I think I have it under control (KEYWORD: think). The summer months are hands down the best time for building a strong business. Why? Because most people don�t realize this. They get that summer bug up their butt, forget about their contacts, and all their hard work is lost.

No competition=The perfect opportunity for you!

I am not about to lose this perfect opportunity to grow, and I hope you don�t either. Since I am going to be gone an entire month, it�s not totally a vacation but I definitely don�t want to make it a business trip either. One again, I enter the �balancing act�. Luckily as a WAHM of a six year old and a two year old, this isn�t at all new to me.

In fact, it seems to be the story of my life:~) Here are some solutions I came up with to make my trip a bit easier as well as business friendly:

1. Pack Light. Where ever ya go you�re bound to find a washer and dryer, no need to have a suitcase packed with 30 days worth of clothes. Besides you always manage to go home with more than you left with, at least I do anyway.
2. Pack Wise. When traveling with kids always make sure you have your carry on packed to the max. Bring snacks, drinks, toys (preferably quiet toys) and anything else you can think of to occupy their little minds.
3. Call ahead. Make sure your flight hasn�t been canceled for one, but they may also have a few tricks up their sleeves to making your flight enjoyable. I actually called to make sure someone from the airport can assist the kids and I on the plane. I�m as strong as any man, but carrying my 25lb boy, 30lb car seat, 20lb backpack all while holding my daughters hand without breaking a sweat is a bit much, don�t you think?
4. Locate Your WIFI. If taking a laptop, make sure you identify all of your hot spots either before or after you arrive to your destination. Most phone companies now offer a wireless plan for about $50 a month, which of course is a tax write off.
5. Locate A Computer. If you�re like me and have a hubby that won�t let you take the laptop, make sure you have a computer with Internet access where you will be staying. Isn�t it nice knowing you can build a business from any where in the world as long as you have a phone, computer and internet access?
6. Set Alarms. If the only time you have to work is before the kids get up or after the kids go to bed, do it! At home I am up before the rest of the family so I can catch up on my emails, get my schedule ready for the day or just have some me time. Why not do the same while I�m away? I will be using my cell as my alarm clock as well as a reminder for any appointments I have.
7. Eat Right. There�s nothing worse than going on vacation and gaining 10lbs. Make sure you don�t use your vacation as an excuse to eat lowzy. Yes the first meal I get will be a huge heaping green chili burrito but after that I will stick to my fruits, veggies, nuts and sprouts. Luckily The Feast comes in little packets so the kids and I can easily get our 5-9 fruits and veggies while running wild!
8. Have FUN!!! Remember to respect your family time as much as your business time and they too will respect you and your business. Don�t get upset if you have to reschedule an appointment, no one is perfect. As much as I try, I rarely have it all together! That�s the best part about working from home, you don�t have to be perfect. Aren�t you relieved?

How do you handle keeping up with work deadlines and communications while you�re on the road? I�m all ears when it comes to suggestions or even better, solutions grin

Always and Forever,

Brandi

Brandi Magill is an aspiring writer, wife, and mother of two. She enjoys educating and empowering women to live a healthy lifestyle! To connect with Brandi visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hey Brandi,

Thanks for sharing your tips and story with us. And thanks to sticking with forum guidelines!

Best wishes on your working vacation. I, too, know how wonderful it is to work for yourself and have that kind of freedom!

If you ever need help or advice from your friendly neighborhood business coach, don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,

Meg

Moderated by  Angel - Business Coach 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.