logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
Thanks for sharing such inspiring stories Joan. I am a firm believer in self healing as well. My husband has Croans and I am positive if he'd just change his diet around he would feel 100x better! Unfortunately he doesn't do healthy...

Brandi Magill is an aspiring writer, wife, and mother of two. She enjoys educating and empowering women to live a healthy lifestyle! To connect with Brandi visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
My husband just had a physical and his cholesterol was 190, which is down from 240 about 3 years ago! He's taking cinnamon daily and I cook very healthy for him too. He isn't taking any mediations as all!

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Joan -- how much cinnamon is he taking?

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
One quarter to one half teaspoon is all you are supposed to need. I just put a good dash of it in our smoothie in the morning. It worked so well tho, I did got some cinnamon pills also at Vitamin shoppe.

D
D
Thank you for these posts. I agree completely with the idea of proactive health.

I was crippled up with rheumatoid arthritis 20 years ago. The doctors told me I'd have it for the rest of my life. They told me to stop nursing my 4 month old baby and start taking drugs.

I went to a natural healer instead. I had to crawl up his front steps; I had no strength. He told me my adrenal glands were shot. He cut out all processed foods, pork, and shellfish, told me to eat tons of greens, and had me eat natural forms of sodium and potassium (5-6 stalks of celery and a banana every day).

This was not an easy task. I was in a lot of pain, and didn't get family support for my decision. I did the best I could. The arthritis was completely gone within a year and a half and never came back.

A couple years ago I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and goiter. (My grandmother also had a goiter - it looked like a tire around her neck, and she had it till she died). A surgeon took one look at my neck and told me I had better hurry and get my thyroid taken out. I would then need to take medicine for the rest of my life.

I went to a natural healer again. She put me on a healthy diet. (I had slipped over the years). She gave me supplements such as COQ-10, hawthorn, kelp and dulse.

As you might guess, within a few months these problems also completely disappeared. This tells me that there are natural solutions to our health problems. All we have to do is figure out what they are and do them.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hi all,

Really a great thread for all the ailments. I just wanna let you guys know about a free fitness site fitnrg . com which helps you to keep yourself fit and fine.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Denise, that's a very inspiring story! I've seen this work in my own family. When someone gets a health condition, the first thing we do is research natural solutions and they have always worked. Some of the conditions, like with my parents, have been pretty serious too.

I have a friend who had fibromyalgia and was told t go home and live with it. She went on a super nutritious diet, cut out processed foods and various other things and now she's pain free.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I just love these inspiring stories! I have also found that acupuncture, diet, exercise and working out emotional blockages have improved my acid reflux tremendously.

So many stomach problems are related to emotional distress. Taking up a lifestyle change that includes looking into the root cause of ones pain, allows a refreshed outlook on life and freedom from debilitating health issues. It takes some courage to make a few fundamental changes in your life, but once you do, it's a whole new world! smile

Shay

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I'm speaking from the oppostie end of the spectrum here; with all of the trauma my family has been going through lately - I am pretty certain an ulcer is starting (need to go see my gastric surgeon, since I have a little more complicated system now).

But stress most Definitely affects the stomach and the rest of the digestive system as well.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Ulcers can also be caused by bacteria and not stress. You should see a doctor to find out what you're dealing with. There are probably natural things that would help you, tho, esp if you are having stressful situations in your life right now. Try things like deep breathing, meditation and yoga to ease the stress and see if you feel better.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.