Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
"Rosie" #425697 06/11/08 06:39 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Rosie,
Have you tried any other types of medication? Xanax looses its effectiveness as you build up a tolerance, it is not the best medicine to use for control. It is best used to lessen the severity of the symptoms during an attack. It sounds like the seroquel isn't doing the job.
Please ask you doctor to ty something else. There are many meds today that can help and not everyone works for everybody. There is no reason to suffer today or to feel like a zombie.

Good luck,
Collen

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
OP Offline
C
Michelle,
Thank you for sharing your story. You are a testimony to everyone, that you do not have to live with this debilitating disorder.
Colleen

"Rosie" #425700 06/11/08 06:56 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I vote for medication as the first line of treatment for Panic Attacks. Once the meds are on board then you can do all the exploring you want. I personally believe we are wired wrong an need the medication to regulate the hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine.

I agree that things may cause them to become exacerbated but life is difficult and there is going to always be some sort of stress that could set them off. I personally never want to experience another attack ever!

Can anyone tell me a story about a successful cure without medication?

Colleen

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Colleen, you name it I've been on it. short term or long term

Rosie L
"Rosie" #425710 06/11/08 07:29 PM
Tiger
Tiger
I suffered from panic attacks for years. I think they started in my early twenties. I can't really remember the catalyst for them. It was different each time but I remember the last really big one I had was on top of a ferris (sp?) wheel back home. We went on with some friends, I wanted to be there, it was a lovely day. It stopped at the top, we were chatting away and all of a sudden it jerked and full blown panic attack. I started hyperventilating (for lack of a better term), my peripheral vision cut out and I remember a voice from somewhere (DH) talking to me to calm me down. It was over by the time the wheel finished it's trip and we got off.

Incidentally, I haven't had one in over four years, since I've been on seizure medication. I don't miss them and I barely remember them.

M o e #426080 06/12/08 08:15 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Moe,
I know what you are talking about, I have had them out of the blue and heard that same voice.

It starts with OK, calm down, then how do I get out of here without making an a-- of myself. Once you are out of there, you want to find a way to never end up there again!

What have you done to prevent another one from coming on?

Last edited by Colleen Moore RN; 06/12/08 08:17 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
Rosie,
Has the Seroquel worked the best for you? What helps you to get through the attacks you have? Obviously, you are not the person that can rely on medication one.

Honey, I feel your pain. There is no worse feeling than suffering through something the rest of the world does not understand. Even my mother, as much as she loves me, doesn't get it. My husband is the same way. I am 44 years old but when I go though a true attack, I feel I am treated like I am a child. I feel like people are saying, get a grip.

Colleen

Last edited by Colleen Moore RN; 06/12/08 08:25 PM.
Colleen, When i find a medication that "makes me feel better" I stop taking it. I don't like to feel "different" I don't like feeling like i do either. but its the only feeling i know. I know that sounds (stupid) and may be hard to understand. as an abused (sexually) child , I learned to Dissociate, Which is today still a way to escape. I have been at my worse since my 13 yr old son was killed. many of my now, n then, Psychiatrist get so frustrated with me when it comes to my meds. I don't like to feel different even if it means feeling better. I know this doesn't make sense to many. people say Rosie don't you want to feel better. I do but i don't want to feel different ??? don't try to figure it out, i gave up a long time ago

Rosie L
"Rosie" #426469 06/13/08 09:23 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Rosie,
Although Zofran does not make me feel "different", I know the feeling you are talking about. It is almost a disconnect from who you are. I would not like that feeling either. I think each case is different, it is important not to have attacks that keep you locked away from the world but if you can't truly enjoy the world because of your medication, what good is it. Kinda a catch twenty-two.

You've been through a lot in your life, you deserve to have the best.
Colleen

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Heck, i'm in the middle of a series of panic attacks right now. I wish i could get the feeling of disconnect, just so I could look at my life calmly for a little bit and make some decisions.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.