Print Thread
#425098 06/10/08 07:03 AM
G
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
G
smile

Last edited by Gaye Atheist/Agnostic; 06/17/08 04:15 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
Sounds quite profound. I really like this: "Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream."

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I don't mean to turn this into a religious thing - but I was judst studyiung the 5 precepts of Buddhism for an article; and it seems to me that if you take these two sets of "rules" - then you could live a pretty good life. Both peaceful with yourself and kind to others.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
E
Koala
Koala
E
I also love the term "agreements". It gives it such a positive, healthy, non-threatening feel to it. Not "rules" or other such words that make it feel forced on anyone. This sounds like a choice - you agree or you don't. No harm, no foul.

Michelle, I was actually also thinking Buddhism with the concept of causing your own suffering because your thoughts and expectations aren't balanced. "When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering."

Although, I don't think "nothing others do is because of you" applies to something like my hubby giving me flowers because he loves me and was thinking of me... wink

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Parakeet
Parakeet
I love The Four Agreements! I did a book review on it for my Stomach Issues Site. A lot of health problems begin with the stresses involved in agreeing to what the world has to say about you. For a lot of people, this stress goes right to the stomach!

Shay

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Gaye Atheist/Agnostic
Panic attacks are a very good thing to give up. smile

HA! If only it were so easy as deciding, "I'm going to give up panice attacks today."

For most of us that suffer from them, they are deep rooted in something. And while knowing what thaat root is definitely helps, it does not necessarily cure. A similar situation can bring one on again unexpectedly.

I hve suffered from them for years, and while they were sat their absolute worst about 4 years ago (when I fist started theraoy and was dragging up a lot of old memories), I can still have one triggered without warning. I am just better able to cope with them now.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.