Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#423755 06/05/08 10:45 AM
J
OP Offline
J
What is up with the people in the atheist section? Why do they constantly harp on just Christians and the Bible?

Seems to me like they are just angry people that do not have anything better to do then just throw stones at something that is threatening to them.

If they do not like Christians, fine, that is their choice, but, can't they find something else to b.... about? Why don't they just talk about their own beliefs and try to expound on that, why just harp on Christianity?

Give it a break people. This [censored] is getting old fast!

Use it or lose it is what I always say.

Jettagal
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Understand that I am a Chrstian, but I have several atheist friends...

People that are atheists are constantly trying to be converted to our faith (it's kind of pert of what we do).

But since Christianity is pretty much the only faith that is verbal about conversion - we are the only ones that get in their faces a lot, so those are the deabtes that they tend to build up the most.

I like going in there to debate, because it actually helpes strengthen my faith. It makes me really take a look at why I believe what I belive - plus I just think it is fun to debate.

But if it offends you, then just steer clear of that forum. We have plenty here where you can discuss with like-minded people. I know it's hard ignoring thast little box to the right, but just go check out Christian Living or Bible Basics and yoiu'll find some great folks.

BellaOnline just tries to offer something for everyone, it's a totally open board.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
OP Offline
J
I understand you offer something for everyone and that is very admirable. I just do not like to see my faith ridiculed so often. I will try to avoid these agravating posts I keep seeing, but they have so many of them it is hard to not see them.

Last edited by jettagal; 06/05/08 11:49 AM.

Jettagal
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Sorry its tough Jettagal, People are free to say their stuff as Michelle said.
Try to remember Jesus was ridiculed too, and he just loved those who did it because he understood why. smile

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Hello Jettagal! Glad that you are aboard!!!! Many of us have differing beliefs and today it is not easy for any of us to hold perfectly to them. I do not happen to be of the Christian faith but I certainly have nothing but respect for those that live it. I believe that love is the key to life. No one is putting you down here. Maybe you have something to teach us in a gentle way and we are open to listen. Maybe we can all learn some things. Blessings

#424325 06/06/08 11:24 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Jettagal,

A lot of people, myself included, go in there when they see something interesting on the "Latest Messages" box and we go in to respond to the posts.

They don't like the fact that I wholeheartedly believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. I try to explain why I believe that (and have gone great lengths to try and prove it to them) and they get upset about that. Whether we are talking about Evolution vs. Creationism, The Bible, True or False, the Ark, etc...

It's because they are so set in their ways as we are and they take offense to us (Christians) going in there to speak our peace. Most think that we are trying to convert them. Well, that is part of the truth, but, most of the time we go in there for a debate. It is unfortunate that it can get frustrating at times and get ugly at times, but that's what happens in debates sometimes.

I have been ridiculed in there and called names but I do have friends in there and I don't let it get to me. Ww are, after all, invading "their turf" when we go in there and they get protective of it.

Please do not take anything that is said in there. Nothing is purposely posted to be rude, it's just that you have two different factions butting heads in there without any sign of either side giving in, there is bound to be an explosion of some sort, wouldn't you think?

Jetta, if you are comfortable with your faith as am I, then you have to rise above the mess. Just leave without adding fuel to fires because sometimes I am not smart enough to do that. I am very comfortable with who I am and where I am in my Faith that it cannot be traded, lost or even shaken. I do not take anything personally from anyone because I know that Jesus did die on the cross for my embarrassment, for my shame, my hurt and my anger. He took all of that away from me on the cross.

Prayerfully, the great Shepherd will gather His lost sheep before it's too late. He died for me. He died for you. Take that as personally as you would like. smile

Sorry for the rather lengthy post.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
J
OP Offline
J
I understand that a good healthy debate among friends can be fun and informative. But, they are not good and healthy for the most part, they are immature, rude, call God names, make jokes about God and the Bible and the Christian faith. That is not conducive to a good healthy debate, but is only spreading hate and hurting people. Now if they could just talk about their own beliefs or debate like mature, amiable people, then that would be entirely different.

Everyone has their right to choose their own belief and path and it is really a hateful thing to do when you ridicule someone else's beliefs and way of life. I do not so much as take it personally, as I am defending the Christian faith and people's rights to worship the way they choose without having people around who spread hate and criticism which can get them nowhere. They already have no God or higher power, why push themselves in to a place where they have no principles or morals?

Jettagal
Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm a Pagan with eclectic an belief system who respects all religions and spiritual beliefs. I have friends of all faiths and beliefs from Christian to Hindu, to Jewish. Living their beliefs is what impresses me and I take away all kinds of enlightening ideas, and sayings, from them.

Two that I particularly like are from a Christian friend and a Jewish rabbi.

Christian:
"It is wrong to be Christlike at the Communion rail and then leave the church ready to stab your neighbor in the back."

Jewish:
"Anyone can be holy in the Sanctuary; it is what you say and do outside the Sanctuary which proves your holiness."

BTW, I truly love Jesus. Sound strange? He accepted everyone.

Last edited by kristen houghton; 06/08/08 04:57 PM.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Jetta,

Just consider this practice for the real world.

At least here you never have to see the face of the person you are trying to talk to. In real life it can get even uglier.

And while some of the comments do seem demeaning, it just makes me want to go study that subject all the more. So the next timeI run into someone witht the same arguament, I'll have better knowledge under my belt, and can argue it on a more rational level (which is where they alwyas want to come from) as opposed to an all emotions level.

And there was a comment made on their board the other day that they seemed to be putting toomuch emphasis on Chrisitanity. So maybe things will die down. But if they don't, we are always here for you either here or in Christian Living!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Hello Jettagal, ! If you have a better way than others take our hands and take us with you!! None of us are so insecure that we are not willing to find greater heights of truths. Just be yourself. We are all listening and learning.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.