logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Please, say its not so! Is Harley leaving Springfield for good? Major actors are leaving CBS Soaps:Marth Byrne(Lily), RPG(Gus), whats going on? I hope they don't replace her, its hard enough watching the new Lily.

Last edited by Kriss-CBS Soaps Editor; 05/28/08 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I know I read that they were cutting back and asking some of the higher paying actors to take a pay cut. I think that was reason Gus left show. So, maybe this is reason. some of GL actors don't like the new way they are shooting the show as in "real" life too.

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
J
Koala
Koala
J
I'd love to know if anyone finds out if this rumor is true or not. I like Harley. I know some soaps are having trouble with ratings tho and many things that are happening are to save money. I'd think the actors who have been around a long time are making more money.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I used to watch GL all the time but it seems kind of boring lately. I watched Young and the Restless recently while on a trip to visit my mom. She filled me in on the characters, many of which I remember from watching it when I was a kid.

I really don't care much for the new GL format either so not sure how much I'll be watching it from now on.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I read it was true and then she ups and leaves with Rafe. I am worried this is the beginning of the end for GL. It looks like Mallot is leaving as well.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I am stuck on Y & R mainly. It comes on at CST at 11 am, 6pm and 11 PM and then again a whole weeks worth on Saturday on the Soap network. With my schedule, it is all I can keep up with. Then there is Toni's spoiler online to keep me updated. But, I do watch GL; with soaps you can miss a week or two and cath up pretty easily. I've given up on ATWT. Too many directions to keep up with. Bold/Beautiful I'll glimpse at here and there.

I love Harley and I do hope she stays.

Tina Sansone

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
B
Koala
Koala
B
I used to read Toni's day ahead for Y&R but could not follow when the site kept moving. What is the link for the site now? I usually will look at soap central for Y&R day ahead previews to see if I should watch at 11:30 AM PST or 7 pm on soap network.

I heard Ashley is coming back. I wish her little girl would as she was so cute. I see her on commercials sometimes.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Honestly, if I were an Actor on Guiding Light, this new format on Guiding Light would bother me. I don't have a problem with my Husband seeing me "au natural" but I would have a problem with the rest of the world. Some of the actors on GL look to natural and it effects the way you watch the soap, its distracting. As long as my fav show, Y&R, doesn't adopt this method, I will be okay.

Last edited by Kriss-CBS Soaps Editor; 06/17/08 08:38 AM.
J
Koala
Koala
J
I agree that the new format on GL is distracting. There are so many outside scenes, which I'm sure are much cheaper to film but what will they do when it's winter? They started this new format at the tail end of last winter but to go through 5 months or so of cold and snow will be interesting!

I've just found GL to be kind of boring lately. I still DVR it and have it on when I'm cooking dinner or something but don't really watch it closely anymore.

I've started watching Y&R also. I found out it comes on SoapNet at 5am when I am up putting my hubby's lunch together, etc so started watching it then. Many of the same characters I remember from watching years ago. They have very funny dialog sometimes!

I sometimes catch Bold and Beautiful too cuz my mom watches it. So tired of Katy dying tho!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, guess Harley is officially leaving as the award show last nite she was interviewing with "Gus" and they were talking about their move. If I heard right she is leaving to the same soap he left too. Talk about loyalty, but I guess GL does not pay enough to keep them. If they keep this up, they are going to have to bring back Roger Thorpe from the dead again. LOL

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.