#400479 03/29/08 09:04 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C

How do you feel about airlines charging passengers to check a second piece of luggage?

I am angry and wish that passengers had a "bill of rights."
I am perfectly willing to pay for overweight luggage or extra luggage, but I often need to pack a second bag to take along gear (snorkel equipment, etc.), work, battery charges and other
items, especially on a long trip.

How do you feel? Will this change the way you pack for a trip?

Best,
Candyce

Candyce H. Stapen
Adventure Living Website
Adventure Living Forum
Award-winning travel journalist
Follow her at familyitrips
www.gfvac.com
www.familyitrips.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Yeah, i usually try and hide stuff in my carryon, its heavy but looks like it is really small hehe

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
I try that too but often get stopped.
One thing I've done is to buy the biggest bag that I can to pass off as a "purse". I then stuff my purse in there, my camera, any medicines, food, plus I take a carry-on with whatever else I need.
I've gotten a few comments about the size of my "purse," but I smile and keep on walking through security.

Any other ideas?
Best,
Candyce

Candyce H. Stapen
Adventure Living Website
Adventure Living Forum
www.gfvac.com
www.familyitrips.com

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
LOL! I've tried that too Candyce. Its good that the bag trends seem to be leaning towards really oversized purses! laugh

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hi Bea,
I agree. I don't ever want the fashion to go back to clutch purses.

Any other strategies?

Best,
Candyce

Candyce H. Stapen
Adventure Living Website
Adventure Living Forum
www.gfvac.com
www.familyitrips.com

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
I am so angry that American Airlines will soon begin charging $15 to check any suitcase--and that's one way. If you pack two suitcases, my typical extended trip norm, the fee is $60 per person.
Supposedly American is doing this because of the high price of fuel. I wish they would just add charges to the ticket and then we could fly them or not based on the price. This fee seems unfair and illogical, especially after years of the airline industry training passengers to pack small size carry-ons. I know I am going to try and stuff my carry-on to the max.

How do you feel about these new charges? Any suggestions for coping?

Best,
Candyce

Candyce H. Stapen
Adventure Living Website
Adventure Living Forum
www.gfvac.com
www.familyitrips.com

Elephant
Elephant
personally I think they should have been charging for second bags quite some time ago. Maybe it's a lack of sympathy, but when americans travel, we tend to pack the dang kitchen sink too! We should conserve and learn that we cannot always get what we want. Plus you still have the option of a carry-on and a very large purse ;0)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Gecko
Gecko
Unless there is a family emergency, I don't fly anymore. I think we pay enough for the tickets and of course they should let you have one bag, and one carry on for free, and anything more they should charge. I am sure this will tell how old I really am, hehehehe but back in the 70's I was paying $25.00 one way to fly to usually California and I remember being really made when they raised it to $35.00 and the reason they stated for that raise was for security, which by the way they NEVER even added more security. I understand things go up, but it seems the airlines keep asking for more money and yet they don't use it for what they say they are going to use it for, you know more maintenance on the planes, more security, etc. And as customers, we should be able to call them on that, but for some reason that never happens.

J
J
I agree w/ bringing a HUGE purse.

What gets me is if they are starting this - then they should go back to feeding us! I know that is more money but tickets are so pricey and now a second bag charge! Come on!

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the news add - I am leaving for Hawaii next week for the 1st time w/ a baby!!! BUT, Hawaiian Airlines is not doing it - so far. Do you know how much stuff a 5 month old needs :-p

jen

~Jenny
Mom to Reese, Born 12/25
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I have two small children too so I know how much you have to take along on a trip!

My main travel is to take the kids and visit family once a year. I could leave some clothes there for me but the kids change sizes each year so couldn't leave stuff there for them. I have to take my lap top with me for business and I got a great carry on suitcase with a laptop insulated bag in it. It still has plenty of room for other things.

I also bought a huge purse into which I place my small purse, camera, book, etc. As much as will fit.

Where they will get you tho is if you are going on a vacation, you'll need shampoo, make up etc and you have to check those items or use very small bottles. Guess I"ll check into travel size everything and carry it all with me.

Last edited by Green1; 05/24/08 09:31 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.