logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#420862 05/23/08 03:11 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
So I have a book of everything from South Carolina, and would like to keep it that way, seeing as we only have a year or so left here, but kind of want a separate wedding album, however seeing as it was a JP courthouse wedding I know that I do not have enough 'stuff' to constitute a wedding album...

Ideas?

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wendy Tall One #422323 05/30/08 02:00 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
M
Wendy,

I think that your wedding deserves an album of it's own, even if it was a courthouse wedding!

My suggestion would be to create a mini album if you don't have a lot of photos. Maybe an 8x8 or 6x6.

Michelle McVaney
Scrapbooking
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Wendy I definitely agree with doing a separate scrapbook.

Do you have anything from the courtship (Old fashioned word - sorry) that you could like preface the book with; love notes, poems, napkins from restaurants, pictures together?

Then do the wedding stuff in the middle. Maybe do a pretty printup of the vows spoken, and a copy of the wedding license as well as pictures, a pressed flower from your bouquet, etc.

Then if you have anything from your hanoeymoon, you could uuse thst as the "final chapter" in the book.

Last edited by Michelle_Launch; 05/30/08 10:22 AM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Wendy Tall One #485915 01/18/09 12:02 PM
S
S
And....for the next 60 years you can add a photo on your anniversary!!!! Wish I would have thought of that 17 years ago!!! You definately will have a full book then. Please realize you are JUST as married as I am and I had the big wedding and spent all the $$$ and wish we wouldn't have. It really would be nice to have a more personal ceremony with the focus on the love you share and not the amount you spend or who was there. So congratulations...GO fill up that album!!!

Wendy Tall One #547553 09/09/09 11:24 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Hi there Wendy! I just love to scrapbook and I love to sit back and enjoy creating such unique ways to show/display our photos- but when it comes to your wedding, that should stand alone. Doesn't matter if it is the courthouse or a big to-do; it deserves to have it's own book and own place. I like the idea of using a larger book and doing a few things; 1. You can start adding from the "planning" stages of the wedding. It doesn't have to be just the wedding itself. Anything that is wedding related such as where the dress comes from to where you get your cake, the pre-gathering with the wedding party, etc... all of those can be in the scrapbook leading to the big day. 2. Save room for the honeymoon! 3. Each year on your wedding anniversary you can also add to your book. Watch the changes over the years while your family grows! Whatever you do, I wish you the best!

Proud Pagan
E
eye Offline
E
Wendy, Maureen's right. Do a larger book because when you get started you'll find things, even little things that should be in it. I also think it's a book that should be ongoing, like your life together. I've been marrid 27 years and wish I had been into scrapbooking then. We also married with a short small ceremony but it didn't make any difference. We're still together and have two great boys... well one grown and married the other only nine! You might even consider a digital one and make it smaller. There are endless possibilites and I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.