logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#420254 05/21/08 12:26 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My mother had a very strange dream yesterday. When she told it to me the first thing I thought was that the dream was a warning of death. What do others think?
The dream was this: My mother was in her apartmentbut she left to go into another building. The building was made of glass, glass walls and glass doors whith silver handles. She stepped out of the building into a courtyard. She was surrounded by butterflies which had jewels in their body. She rembers seeing jewels that were a transparent yellow.She couldn't see beyond the butterflies but she knew she was about to go to another world. She told the people who were with her that she was going to another world. The people could come with her if they wanted to, but she was going with or without them.
Another thing . The butter flies talked. They told her to come on.They didn't leave her side. Anyone care to interpret this? Thanks.
Linda

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Well it could be a sign of a new beginning. The "other world" i mean. The transparent house made of glass could mean a life/situation too shallow ? The butterflies are not a bad sign. They represent hope, but a fragile situation as well. You should give as some info about your mother and what is troubling her these days.

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

L
OP Offline
L
She is concerned about her health, her finances and personal relationships.

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
Gecko
Gecko
I can see how you would have thought this dream was an invitation to the next life and it very well might be- and if so-it sounds absolutely lovely and not at all frightening.
For an alternate meaning perhaps it suggests that your mom is starting to "shed" less important things in her life. You said she is worried about her health and finances and it may be that she's deciding that life is too short to be burdened with all of that "stuff" including expectations of others. I think that might make sense with the transition from an ordinary house to one with no solid brick and mortar- just glass and light. It might be physical stuff she's considering getting rid of, but just as likely it's an attitude shift her higher self is encouraging her to make. Butterflies also generally signify new life and transformation- she's perhaps experiencing a metamorphosis - the new her. She's willing for others to accept her as she now wants to be but isn't turning back for their sakes. I think it is a growth dream for your mom. She has lovely silver handles on the new house- a nice embellishment signifying her worth.
Just my two cents worth anyway...

Be kinder than you need to be. Everyone is dealing with something.
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
The butterflies are indeed symbolic of beauty and a new beginning. The "glass house" tells her she should be more open to important issues in her life and shed some light on the concerns she has, to pay more attention to the critical aspects of her life. The transparent yellow jewels could be symbolic of spiritual growth. (yellow = spiritual, cheerful, sunshine, joy). Going into another apartment, another world, tells me she is ready for a change into a life that will open up new opportunities for her. To tell the other people they could come with her if they wanted, but she would go with or without them is a profound subconscious statement meaning: "I am going to fly (learn, grow, find new happiness), you can have the same option if you choose, but you will not be a drag on me, for those who wish to fly you may, for those who wish to stay stuck where they are, good luck, I am going forward to a better life whether you come with me or not, for I will not cling to anything that will hold me back."

I see nothing of a portending death (except the death/end of an old way of life that is no longer working for her) in this dream, only hope and growth.

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/27/08 03:12 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
lindamunchkin, I do hope your mother has found in the dream the meaning she is looking for. To me, the dream seems very encouraging and uplifting.

I forgot to mention that the butterflies being able to talk could be her own subconscious or guides letting her know all will be ok if she takes this new journey into a new life style - that the venture will be fulfilling. smile

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/30/08 09:32 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.