logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KimL Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Fellow Business Owners!

My name is Kim and I am new to this forum. I have an online coaching business where I help business owners use writing to market their business.

I am curious if anyone in the forum has any experience with creating info products for their business (ex: e-book or workbooks, etc.)?

I am also curious if you have an opinion or questions about creating them?

Looking foreward to getting to meet, know and hear from you!

Yours in Attracting Success,

Kim Lednum

Kim Lednum, CEC
The Write Promotion Coach for Business
For 7 Quick & Easy Tips for Attracting Busines Now visit my site:
http://www.attractbusinessnow.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I'm just getting into that idea now. I am creating a free download on Natural Solutions for Fibromyalgia that I'll be giving away on my site.

A friend also suggested giving something away to those who subscribe to my newsletter as an incentive to get people to sign up. I went to a site called http://www.free-ebooks.net/ to see what they had to offer.

I found 3 that would suit the spirit of my website so I emailed each author to get permission to use their ebook. The first to respond, less than 24 hours later was Sheila Dicks who wrote an ebook How to Look 10 Years Younger. What I liked about it was that she included lots of natural stuff and her website and blog seemed appropriate for me to be recommending.

So this is one option. Rather than write it yourself, you can find free content to give away.

The book I've been using to improve my marketing skills, the Renegade Network Marketer stresses giving away lots of free content in the form of newsletters, downloads, ebooks, etc to build customer loyalty.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Sorry, the name of Sheila's ebook was "Secrets to Looking 10 Years Younger"

KimL Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks JoanJ!

Not only does offering free gifts help build customer loyalty, it also helps to build a relationship where prospects and customers learn to trust you and you can gain credibility.

The downside to giving away some else's free content rather than writing yourself, is that you are not positioning yourself as an expert. It depends on the type of online business you have, as to whether or not you should include someone else's content or your own.

If you have a service based business, I recommend writing it yourself. If you are offering certain types of products that you did not manufacture (such as clothing) it's probably not as important.

Kim
Kim Lednum, CEC
Small Business and Writing Coach
Attract Business Now!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Kim, nice to meet you - and thanks joanj for the suggestions.

You can also get info-based tools and gadgets for your visitors from igoogle. I just looked today and am thinking of adding some.

For example, maybe you could add News Stories targeted towards aging/health/medicine/alternative?

J
Koala
Koala
J
That's a great idea about adding news stories. I'll look into that.

One reason I went with someone else's ebook is just lack of time to do my own. I'm writing up some free reports to give away targeted at health problems like fibromyalgia and candida yeast but those would only have limited appeal.

I do promote health products on my site but you're right, it is important to position yourself as an expert.

KimL Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Short Stories,

I second JoanJ's "that's a great idea!" I will have to look into those myself! :<)

Kim

Kim Lednum, CEC
The Write Promotion Coach for Business
For 7 Quick & Easy Tips for Attracting Busines Now visit my site:
http://www.attractbusinessnow.com
Shark
Shark
Hi Kim,

I enjoy seeing fellow Coaches active on the forums!

Every time you write an article, make a web page, put up a blog post - you are creating info-products.

And as you create the above with a theme, you have your basis for your e-book! How easy is that?

Put things of value into the world and the world will return the favor!

Sincerely,

Meg Meyer

J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Welcome to the forum. Your ideas about creating info products are very useful. Thanks for posting the question, I'm sure you will be helpful to many!

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.