logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Can anyone give some advice on how I can get exposure of my online clothing store? I tried CPC no good. Small banners help but expensive. Shopzilla was my most traffic but the sales were not enough to keep up with click fund. I was reading about the blog idea below. Will try that next. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell.

Thank you,
Theresa
TK Clothes

TK Clothes
Great Prices. Easy Shopping. Fast Delivery.
www.tkclothes.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi Theresa73,

I have a few suggestions. I went out and browsed your website and noticed you don't have a place where visitors to your site can join your mailing list. (I couldn't find one, anyway)

By creating a mailing list of potential customers you can promote your sales and new items to them on a regular basis using emails.

One thing you can do is create a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly electronic newsletter. In the newsletter you can announce promotions, sales items, new items, and write feature articles for your readers.

I noticed you offer some golf apparel for women. Your articles could be about golf tips, fashion, beauty and so on. If you write the articles yourself, you can do something called article marketing, and create a link at the end to send them to your website, as well as build back links to improve your search engine ranking. (I offer an article writing and marketing program if you are interested)

If you don't want to write articles yourself you can always subscribe to an article directory and have them notify you when someone writes an article on a topic you are interested in including in your newsletter. You would then be required to include the author's information at the end of the article.
There are many articles out there that you can use for free using this method. The downside is that you don't create back links, but you can provide useful content for your subscribers.

I am a small business coach specializing in helping online business owners find ways to inexpensively promote their business. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
kim at attractbusinessnow.com I have used the word "at" in place of the @ sign to avoid being spammed.

Yours in Attracting Success,

Kim

Last edited by KimL; 05/03/08 12:09 PM.

Kim Lednum, CEC
The Write Promotion Coach for Business
For 7 Quick & Easy Tips for Attracting Busines Now visit my site:
http://www.attractbusinessnow.com
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you for the reply. I don't have an email list attached to the website. Do these really work?

TK Clothes
www.tkclothes.com
Hi Theresa,

Billions (or more) have been made using these strategies by many of my colleagues combined.

Many of them began by building a mailing list (consisting of name and email addresses) and then frequently sending their subscribers email campaigns or e-zines (electronic newsletters).

A number of folks have made a ton of money driving traffic to their website using article marketing strategies.

My own coach, made over a 1/2 million last year as a result of her cultivating a list and then announcing promotions to her subscribers.

So, the answer is YES! They really work, when you know how to use them. smile

(I just started my site in December, have a small mailing list and have already earned thousands in just a few months as a result of my newsletters, article marketing efforts, and emails. I will be adding more components to my efforts and am on track to reach my goals for this year by October or November)

Warmly,
Kim

Kim Lednum, CEC
J
Koala
Koala
J
I really agree about building a list. I wish I'd done it when I first started my website. I am certainly doing it now.

One idea is to give something away to each newsletter subscriber or something. Write an article or report that you can only get by subscribing.

It's a great way to keep in touch with your potential customers and remind them you are there.

I've used ezine articles and others also to bring attention to my health site and blog, as well as to the products I sell.

You might consider adding a blog to your site too. Fashion tips maybe? I have a blog about my businesses with online marketing tips and also health and wellness tips. This is a new venture for me and is going very well.

I haven't tried adding a MySpace page yet, but plan to in the future for some of my businesses. Also squidoo is another way to bring attention to your biz.

Good luck!

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you for the advice. I guess my next question is how do you set up? Did you go through your web hosting company? Ezine I did try once. I have to write another article. I always offer specials. I should base my newsletter off of this.

TK Clothes
www.tkclothes.com
T
OP Offline
T
Kim, I just signed up for your newsletter.

Last edited by Theresa73; 05/17/08 09:38 PM.

TK Clothes
www.tkclothes.com
J
Koala
Koala
J
I set my newsletter up through homestead, which is where my website it. There is a feature on it for people to fill in and subscribe.

Here's my link to my newsletter subscription page. I also have other subjects there people can ask info about and many check several boxes.

Path2HealthyLiving Newsletter

So far I just have two issues but I do provide an archive also so people can see what they're getting.

You just need to see what sort of service your website offers for newsletters or capturing email addresses and names.

Theresa73,

Thanks for signing up for my newsletter. The next one will go out tomorrow (5/20).

Let me try to answer your questions in the order you asked them. I think you wanted to know how to get started setting up a mailing list?

Well, if you have someone who designed/maintains your website they should be able to add a "form" box on your site,so that you can collect the information.

Since you have been to my site and signed up, I am sure you noticed the box in the upper right hand corner of the site (in the banner area) that announces a place to sign up for 7 free tips.

Well, that area is really a form box I created. It sends your information (email and name) to an autoresponder. I am not sure if you know what that is, so I'll explain it quickly just in case you don't.

An autoresponder is similar to an email account that whenever someone subscribes, it automatically collects your information, then sends you (the subscriber) a prewritten email. In this case, it asked you to verify that you really meant to subscribe, and once you clicked the link in that email, it then automatically sent you another email thanking you for subscribing.

Now you are on my "list", and whenever I send out a newsletter, I select the "list" of people that I want to send it to, and since it has your information, you will receive all my newsletters (unless of course you "unsubscribe".)

Ok, that's what the autoresponder does. How to find them...

Well, there are a number of services out there that provide autoresponders. Your shopping cart system may already have them.(check there first)

If not, you can do a couple of things. Use google to search "autoresponder" and see what services are out there and then compare price and services.

An easy to use service, that has built in newsletter templates that you can easily customize is called, "Constant Contact". They offer a free trial. It's a monthly service and it keeps track of all your names in your mailing list for you, and you can set up prewritten emails
to send to your subscribers.

constant contact

I use Aweber. It's a bit more complicated to use, but it has a lot of extra features that I needed. They also offer customizable newsletter templates and have the ability to create forms for your website... including those popover ads and other cool tools.

aweber

There are many others out there. I recommend shopping around.

As far as what to base your newsletter off of... that is completely up to you, you have a lot of different options such as any promotional specials, tips on fashion, events, trends, golf tips, etc. They don't have to be really long, either. In fact, the shorter the better, because people are really busy and don't have time to read really long articles.

I hope this will get you started setting up a mailing list and newsletter. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. You are welcome to email me.

Warmly,
Kim

Kim Lednum, CEC
JoanJ,

You are right about "marketing" your business in a variety of ways. Thank you for helping me support Theresa here! :<)

Yours in Attracting Success,
Kim

Kim Lednum, CEC
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.