logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I have always been made to feel a little freakish about making the choice not to procreate. It's so nice that there are others out there!
I look forward to chatting with you all.
Have a great day!! wink

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
So glad to have you here, Red! You are not a freak, lol! Can you share with us a little more of your story? smile

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hi Jill!

Well, not much to tell. I just knew that I wasn't very maternal from an early age.
It's not that I don't like children. I do. I'm a terrific auntie. I like buying presents for all of my nieces and nephews and my friends' kids. But there's just something so nice about not having to worry about "the children."
My husband and I enjoy each others' company and relish the "alone" time that we have.
We have 3 dogs and spoil them rotten.
I firmly believe that some people are not cut out to be parents and I'm just one of those people.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Wow. I feel the same way about the whole auntie thing. I love being around children, but as of right now I don't know if I want any children in the future. I dont know if after I am married and a bit older my whole idea will change, but I see how being a mom is a 24/7 job, and I do like my freedom.

*Transitions*
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I never felt maternal, Red, either. Not a once. I think i am missing the gene, honestly. smile

But I LOVE being an aunt. I have my two nieces, and a few baby second cousins, that are very important to me. It's really just right.

But I do like having pets. How about you?

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
My pets are RUINED! LOL Spoiled rotten. All of my pets are throw-aways. I live in rural MS and people dump animals out in the country all the time.

We like BIG dogs. We have a half Chesapeake Bay Retriever and half yellow lab (she's so beautiful at 115 lbs--EEK!) a half chow and black lab and a half chocolate lab and German Shepherd.

We go through 110 pounds of dog food a week. Maybe it would have been cheaper to have kids.

What pets keep you company?

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I don't have any pets. I think that you have to be maternal to have pets as well. When I hear ppl speaking abou their pets, its as if they have children at home. Since some of you do have pet, could you explain to me what the difference is?

*Transitions*
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Ms.D
I don't have any pets. I think that you have to be maternal to have pets as well. When I hear ppl speaking abou their pets, its as if they have children at home. Since some of you do have pet, could you explain to me what the difference is?

Sure,

-Your pet is never going to call you from jail.
-Your pet could care less about a cell phone or ipod.
-Your pet loves you unconditionally, regardless of whether or not you take away their computer.
-You never have to lock up the liquor from your pet
-You can curse all you want in front of your pet and never have to worry about it being repeated to others.
Oh, the list goes on.........anyone else want to chime in?

L
Shark
Shark
L
pets appreciate you. they understand that their very existence and way of life depends on you. they are never ungrateful. you are the center of their universe for their whole life--you can't even measure that kind of love and devotion.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ok, now see where you are coming from.

*Transitions*
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.