Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
I seriously think this woman is addicted to preganancy hormones. And of course they are some whacked out fringe Christian group. (Emphasis on FRINGE not Christian.)

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
I think my tubes just tried to tie themselves.

"Perhaps she would become one of those women, pitied or envied, who chose not to have children" - Atonement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I watched some of the special they had on TLC, and I really just don't get it. They kept talking about having time with all of their kids, but when you watched the show, it sure as heck didn't seem like they did. My husband's one of 5, and he feels that he didn't have enough individual attention. How could you as one of 18?

Ravyn, do you know their religious affiliation? I can't access the Catholic forums link, but I'm assuming in rural Arkansas, they're not Catholic. They always talk about God, but I'm assuming they're some form of fundamentalist Baptist or Pentacostals.

Last edited by Brandi - Women's Issues; 05/09/08 03:54 PM.
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Brandi--on the Catholic Forum it is mentioned that they are followers of Bill Gothard and in this Wikipedia article it does mention some criticism of his extreme teachings:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

LadyLvsNyt
Koala
Koala
The woman scares me. I just can't imagine that many pregnancies/children in one household.

As I understand it, the Duggar's are evangelical Christians with a fairly strict interpretation of the "go forth and multiply" section of the Bible.

Last edited by Lynn_B; 05/09/08 04:36 PM.
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
here is another (sickening) link to their beliefs (they are "Quiver-Full Christians"):

LadyLvsNyt
Parakeet
Parakeet
What's the carbon footprint of having that many kids? (Good thing there are some child-frees to offset it).

Chris Franchetti Michaels, BeadJewelry.net
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I cannot imagine that any pair of parents can give enough time and attention to 18 children to raise them well. You cannot abdicate the responsibility of parenting your children *to* your children. I.e. if you tell your 13 year old to raise the 6 year old, I wouldn't call that adequately parenting.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Not to excuse that kind of thing, Lisa, but i think much of our world/cultural history has that scenario happen.

It just isn't fair in our first-world culture, probably.

I honestly would not know, but for example in tribal situations it probably is a community effort, with older children and grandparents doing a lot of "parenting."

Gecko
Gecko
PLEASE pardon my language but I am NOT kidding, when I read the title of this discussion - OMG not AGAIN! 18th pregnancy! - I think I literally felt my [censored] wince or recoil in horror! I am NOT kidding! Kinda like a shock reflex down there. Maybe my [censored] is going OH HELL NO!!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.