logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#416273 05/08/08 03:24 PM
T
OP Offline
T
My beta Lucky is about 2 years old and about 6 months ago he developed some growth on his side. I attributed this to an unknown tumor that nobody seems to know much about. He seems healthy and happy otherwise, I clean his water twice a week, he sits on my desk at work and we have daily chats and sing-alongs (he does the dancing and me the singing). I am concerned now though because it appears as if the growth is beginning to peel or deteriorate, almost like a wart that had been treated with Compound W. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'd really like to prolong the life of my beloved desk mate as long as possible. One more thing, his water is always kept at approximately 82 degrees and is crystal clear. He also eats a weekly diet of betta bites, with a few blood worms thrown in from time to time as a treat--not too much though, don't want him constipated! :-)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi, The water is a little too warm - 78 degrees fahrenheit would be good. How do you regulate the temperature in his tank? If you are depending on the air in your office, when you are off work, they may turn off the air conditioning and heat, so his water temperature may be a lot colder or a lot hotter. This would effect his health negatively. Betta fish need an even, consistent water temperature and no drafts of air.

Do you mean you only feed him once a week? If so, then you are starving him. Also, only betta bite pellets and a few freeze-dried bloodworms may constipate him because he needs a little more variety in his diet. This may be why his water is crystal clear with only changing the water twice a week if you have a tiny desktop container. How much water is in his container?

Mary Brennecke Fish Site

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.