Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
It would be nice if I could just sit down & do this all at once - but life keeps getting in the way smile

Anyway, I've now attempted to copy all my pictures onto a DVD, but keep getting error messages. There are 2 methods installed on my computer
- Power2Go tells me "No burner is currently available or you don't have rights to access the burner" and
- Windows DVD Maker tells me "A DVD burner was not found. Make sure a DVD burner is connected and installed, and then try again."

According to the tag on the side of the computer, as well as the computer box, I have a DVD burner! Maybe I should have paid to have them come out to set this computer up for me. Any suggestions to get the computer to recognize the DVD burner???

Mavis
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
The DVD unit should have symbols on the front of it, near where you insert a disc. What do those symbols say? And I assume it works if you put a DVD into it - that the computer sees that DVD?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
On the side of the computer (where it tells me where everything is), it points to the tray & says "optical media drive bay"

The actual tray says "compact disc rewritable ultra speed" in one place and DVD multi recorder RDL" in another place and "RW DVD+R DL" in another place.

I just phoned the store where I bought it & told them the error messages & they said to bring it in & exchange it. This was the last one except for the floor model that they had though and since I now have everything on this computer, I really hate to take everything out & have to start over again. I told them that I would bring it back tomorrow after work for them to look at though.

Mavis
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OK so the drive is actually a drive that should be able to write. Can it read? If you put a real DVD into it, does it play? Maybe a cable is just loose on it, if it's not working at all.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
I installed some programs with it but those were on CDs.
I just put in a movie DVD though and nothing happened.

It would be nice if it is just a loose cable and they can fix it for me right away tomorrow.

Mavis
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
Apparently the computer not recogizing the burner is a known issue with this computer. They kept it and should have a new burner installed by the weekend. So - until then I am limping along on the old computer. I really miss the speed of the new one.

Mavis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allison_PCAdvice 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.