New music for this week! Lots of new releases, some I am really excited about and anxious to listen to more.

Let's start with the biggest...

Madonna! "Hard Candy" - This was definitely an anticipated release. On this album, instead of "reinventing" herself like she is so famous for, she opted to work with mega producer Timbaland who is most recently famous for producing beats for Nelly Furtado, Justin TImberlake among a slew of other notable hip hop acts and songs. This is a great dance album, some tracks are just tooooo Justin Timberlake for me. But I guess it's still an upbeat album. What do you guys think?

Mudcrutch "Mudcrutch" - Mudcruth is Tom Petty's original band before the Heartbreakers. Raw sounds from the guitar and Petty's attitude all over these tracks. Great, great record. I recommend even more getting the DVD documentary that chronicles Petty's career. Don't be scared by the 4 hour time stamp, every minute is truly amazing, and this coming from a young'n.

Robyn "Robyn" - This swedish import returns to the states with this latest effort. This one interested me because I totally remember Robyn from my Jr. High days (not to date myself) but she had a HUGE smash hit back in 96 or 97 called "Show Me Love". If you heard it, you would remember it. This album, however, is a little update from Jr. High as the first single is called "Konichiwa Bitches" (which by the way is a great track). But you know what? Robyn has grown up and so have I. This is a great pop record. Think Gwen Stefani + Fergie plus a little '97 pop nostalgia. Pure fun!

Coldplay "Violet Hill" single - Coldplay just released their new single yesterday actually called "Violet Hill". Frontman Chris' vocals are raspy and raw, heavy guitars and lots of piano. The most noticeable thing in this track to me are the vocals, just raw and full of emotion. This is not a mellow sunday morning track, but not a stray from typical coldplay sounds either. You can get a free copy of the song from the band's website at www.coldplay.com/song.html

Other notable releases this week that I haven't had a chance to listen too:
Def Leppard
Estelle "Shine" - A hip hop alum that im actually dying to listen to.
Portishead

Have you taken a listen to any of these new releases yet? Please share your thoughts!

-Bree

Bree Nguyen, Pop Music Editor
Bella Online Pop Music Site