Next Thread
Print Thread
#413885 05/02/08 10:54 AM
R
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
R
What subject would you like covered in the future? I would love to hear your suggestions so that I can write about what interest you.

Thank you
Rosemary
Editor - The Home Ownership Site

Last edited by Rosemary - Home Ownership; 05/02/08 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
I love watching the shows on HGTV like house hunters and property virgins. Are you focusing more on those who are already owners or doing articles on helping renters cross over into home ownership?

I hope to be able to start the process in two years. I will be 50 and then maybe do a 15 year loan since no one would do a 30 at age 50?

I like the shows where they compare what $500,000 will get you in various parts of the country. Maybe a thread asking what everyone pays for their mortgage or rent and the city and state they are in and doing an article on that with the comparison.

I would like to know more about home inspection and the fees and then maybe about various types of homes, like mobile homes, vacation homes, country homes, log homes, condos, townhomes.

Currently I have rented in the same place for ten years this august and know we have termites, so that is a topic I want to learn about.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Koala
Koala
B
I was reminded that it is Sunday and the Extreme Makeover home edition was just on. Maybe something about that show and how do they get the contractors and do they donate their time and who pays the mortgage? Same thing with Habitat - who pays for that mortgage?

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Mine's kind of along the same lines as Bonnie; how to refit a house for the elderly?

My grandparents are getting up there, and my great uncle who has cerebral palsy live with them.

They need TONS of stuff to make their home more accessible, but nobody has the money to do this. SO where so we start?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Michelle, check with any and all social services for the elderly in their town. There may be money available for the necessary work, such as installing a ramp up to the door. This is a growing problem that many agencies are addressing, you just have to ferret them out.

R
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
R
Michelle, Claybird is right. You need to check with the social services in your area. There may be grants or bonds out there to cover the cost of these changes. Your county should have a housing development office that can send you in the right director. Where I live, there are seniors who had their whole houses redone by them. If you are in a city, you can also check to see if the city has what is called "ship" funds available for these expenses.

Hope this helps.

Rosemary

R
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
R
Bonnie - thanks for replying. That gives me ideas I can work on.

Just so that you know I recently did a post about Home Inspections
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.