Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Koala
Koala
B
I am in Los Angeles and my neighborhood makeup has changed drastically in the ten years we have lived here. It seems to be the new Hollywood and the elementary schools in the area have declining enrollment. It went from Latino families to singles. Residences now have 3 or 4 singles instead of families.

Now the house across the street is a duplex and two guys on one side and the other side has two girls and a guy. The down side to all this is the street parking. That one house has five cars that I must battle for space. All these people seem to work nights and be home during the day. Many are musicians and are going to sleep as we are headed out for school.

The latest issue of the AAA Southern CA lifestyle mag profiled my area and stated this:

"Once the center of the silent film industry, Los Angeles's Echo Park became a haven for actors and musicians during the McCarthy era. More recently, the neighborhood has been home to a thriving Latino community. In its latest reinvention, Echo Park is experiencing rapid gentrification, mixing old and new in unexpected ways."

I have a friend up the hill who has lived here almost ten years as well and she and her boyfriend are CF.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
OP Offline
D
That is a very interesting aspect of the discussion. I was not thinking at all about people who lived "on my block" for example. My friends are often several towns over. Driving is very normal to me and we will meet at a restaurant 1/2 hr from each of us.

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
People who don't have kids but are planning to have kids in the future are not CF. The definition of ChildFree is someone who does not have kids and plans on never having kids.

With this definition in mind, do those of you who have mentioned you have multiple CF friends still have multiple CF friends? Because I have only 2, both at work. One I sometimes see outside of work and the other one I don't. All my friends I grew up with, hung out with, made in college, etc are now parents. As of 2 years ago, the last couple (in their early 40's) had their first kid.

Last edited by Cherry Red; 04/28/08 07:30 PM.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
L
lua Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Interesting question to think about. Honestly, I have 3 friends who are cf. Friends from high school, college and others have kids. I never hear from them. I have other friends who are undecided. I am in my mid thirties, so most are getting married and starting families. Interestingly, a friend of mine, who is 41 said she did not hear from those friends until they started getting divorces. She said by the time I hit 40, I will be getting similar calls. Not that I wish that upon anyone.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I don't know if I actually have any CF friends.

I have friends who currently don't have children, but they haven't ever said to me that they don't want them.

My maternal clock must be digital - because there's certainly no ticking!
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My friends definitely have decided never to have kids. There is no question. I have a large number of friends who fall into that category - both couples and singles.

In fact I had forgotten about a high school friend who has a reproductive problem so she and her husband aren't having kids. So there are even more in my friend-circle without kids. She lives about an hour and a half away.

I suppose a related question is - how many friends do most people have in real life that they do things with? And are all those friends in the same town? We have lots of friends sprawled out within a 2 hour radius. So maybe it is more likely that we have a high number of completely child-free friends, in that set. I imagine if you only had 4 friends and they were all in your one small town that it would be harder ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.