Page 1 of 2 1 2
#411647 04/25/08 10:51 PM
M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
If you had enough money/time/resources to adopt from anywhere right now where would it be and what kind of child?

am completely curious about what everyones "ideals" for adoption are!

You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine - hehe

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Since I live in America and know that we have children that need to be adopted, I would adopt from here.

I would like to try to keep a family together, or at least adopt two or three older children that really don't have much hope of being adopted.

M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
very true - countless older children in need of homes right here under our noses.

They certainly go overlooked.

siblings are a huge problem also they actually end up being open to splitting up siblings past a certain age (heart breaking) so these kids lose yet another important person in their lives frown.

There are sibling groups I've seen as large as 9! I would love to know who could possible take that on! ack.

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
B
Koala
Koala
B
I am a birth mother (son, 11/22/78) thru Catholic Charities in Newark, NJ. I watch the adoption segments on my fox news Wed nights and have seen special needs kids that were siblings and older. I often wonder if something happened to me would that be my kids on there.

Anyway I have searched sites looking at ages from 6 and older to see if there were any autistic kids in need of a family. I dont fit the demographics and rules for most, but if I did I would go for an older boy or younger one. Mine are 13 and turning 11 at end of June. I thought maybe an older boy so my older son would have a friend and someone to learn from, but being a single parent to two already is a full time job and I homeschool the 13 year old. We only have two bedrooms so not enough room in our home to do it at this point in time.

My Dad was adopted from an orphanage in TN at the age of 9.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Koala
Koala
B
Originally Posted By: Mindy - Adoption Editor
If you had enough money/time/resources to adopt from anywhere right now where would it be and what kind of child?

am completely curious about what everyones "ideals" for adoption are!

You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine - hehe

Upon reading the question here a second time I really did not like the words utilized and felt it was very cold to refer to a child as it and kind. Seems very similar to ordering pizza, what kind of topping you want?

I don't understand the mentality that adoption takes place elsewhere. What is wrong with this country and our own states? Why do people have to travel to adopt?

AUTISM site
B
Koala
Koala
B
Originally Posted By: Mindy - Adoption Editor
very true - countless older children in need of homes right here under our noses.

They certainly go overlooked.

siblings are a huge problem also they actually end up being open to splitting up siblings past a certain age (heart breaking) so these kids lose yet another important person in their lives frown.

There are sibling groups I've seen as large as 9! I would love to know who could possible take that on! ack.

I know of a family in Orange County, CA that has adopted numerous special needs kids and they have a website and have been on tv and in the media. I forget the name. But I think the ack! reference to adopting a family of nine is a bit insensitive.

AUTISM site
Elephant
Elephant
i would adopt the unadoptable in the US... those who are 10 years and older.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Elephant
Elephant
I would also adopt glbt kids so they could have a loving home that is safe for them and welcomeing

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
I am a bit taken aback to say the least about your comments Bonnie.

I will clarify.

By kind - I do NOT mean "blonde hair blue eyes" or even boy or girl. I meant are you open to an older child? a special needs child? perhaps a kid with RAD?

By anywhere - I literally meant anywhere this includes the United States because clearly we are part of a larger whole (though we seem to try seperate ourselves). You will notice most of the responses were in fact for Domestic adoption which is an amazing option. There are thousands of kids who need homes and it is crucial that we work to find them homes. That being said not everyone has this particular calling. Some families feel a calling to Hati, some to China, some to Ukraine - it is a very personal and intense thing to try to decide.

and Jase what an amazing idea I've never even thought about the GLBT youth - I can only imagine those kids have the whole world working against them finding a family. *ponders* I wonder if they even aknowledge these children as GLBT or simply tell the potential family they are "confused". That's certainly not validating for the teens.

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
I am also slightly relectuant to share what type of adoption touches my heart the most. *sigh*

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.