Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
L
I absolutely agree. I was telling my mom that even if I WANTED kids I would have waited until I was 30 like my sister (she was married 5 years before having kids.) There is just too much to get used to, ESPECIALLY if you didn't live with the person before.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
But the BAAAABY will bring them together and make their marriage stronger.... crazy

L
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
L
Blech.

Parakeet
Parakeet
lynette, the new sig. line rocks!

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
C
Shark
Shark
C
I don't know why people choose to get pregnant before getting married (planned, not accidental) or to get pregnant within the first year of marriage. That just isn't smart to me. You NEED to build your marriage first and have time to "honeymoon," if you will. The bond a husband and wife form during that time is vital to a happy marriage, especially while raising a child (in other words, the kid won't tear you apart, but pull you together if your relationship is good beforehand...in most cases, anyway). That's my two cents...

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
L
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
L
I just find it SOOO frustrating. It's such a huge step back for women in general, and I think it's a very poor choice for newlyweds to make. Even if you've been living with the person (like my SIL), being married is a much different story on many levels (financially, emotionally, etc.)

I think I would feel much differently if my friends had waited two years to get pregnant, you know? I think I wouldn't feel so much like babies are the be-all and end-all.

At least we have two sets of friends (possibly three, I don't know my friend K's plan) who have passed that one-year mark without getting pregnant. In fact, one set of friends has been married about 7 years now, and they want kids but are still waiting. I feel like when they DO get pregnant, I can be genuinely happy for them.

Gecko
Gecko
Hee hee, but if people did step back and strengthen their marriage, they'd probably turn out like us.

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
L
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
L
And that's bad because ... :-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.