R
Thankfully I don't work in the children's section smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Raysgirl #411113 04/24/08 11:20 AM
L
Koala
Koala
L
I was at Pilates the other day and one of the members was there with her new baby. Everyone was oohing and ahhing. I went over to say hi and congratulations and asked the baby's name, said it was nice to see you and went and got my stuff.

When I got to my spot, the woman behind me (who has four kids) laughed and said, "you just passed that baby up!" I smiled and said, "well, I said hi!" She just said I was so funny. I haven't said anything to that class about being CF, so maybe she picked up on it somehow.

lngilbert #411147 04/24/08 01:14 PM
Gecko
Gecko
I know what you guys mean. I sometimes feel that expectation that I should be paying attention to some parents, and I've asked myself whether it's just me.

One of the things that gets to me is when I'm at some sort of social gathering, and a set of parents will enter with their kids and then just sit back with a satisfied expression with absolutely zero attempt at making communication while their kids play in the middle of the room.

I don't know what they mean, but to me it feels like they're saying "the entertainment has arrived. Let's all watch the kids for the rest of the evening."

Personally, I just don't find it interesting or amusing. It can really kill conversation, too.

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
That is why we don't go to this one BBQ we used to go to - most of our friends there now have kids, and they bring them and it turns into a nursery school - like we are supposed to enjoy watching them and not having normal adult conversation?

BillieCat #411161 04/24/08 02:02 PM
Owl Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm not sure what kind of doctor you were visiting, but if I had a baby at a doctor's office, there's no way I would let it get all up in people's faces! You don't know if people are just there for a check-up or if they have a contagious illness. Why chance it?

Owl #411167 04/24/08 02:17 PM
Gecko
Gecko
That's exactly what I said to my guy, he thought that was pretty messed up too.

Parakeet
Parakeet
My co-worker's wife (not HIM) had her baby 3 weeks ago. I am hoping that I will be away from my desk whenever the baby comes in for the world-wide publicity tour, which I KNOW will happen. With luck, It'll happen when I'm gone on my mini-vacation this week/next week smile That is what I call such things. That kind of stuff sickens me. That is why when I see the confab of women and hear the cooing, I turn the other way, wait the 5-10 minutes for the crowd to disperse, and then go back.

K
Shark
Shark
K
Oh, I totally dread the 'world-wide publicity tours' (as Duane so eloquently put it!) of new babies! Today was Bring Your Child To Work Day--did anyone else have this to deal with at the office? It was all about showing the children off and then of course I get the "when are you going to have a little one that you can bring to the office?" questions. Uh, how about never...

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
C
Shark
Shark
C
I never liked the "world wide publicity tour (nice name Duane!) of the new babies. I always try to scurry off somewhere and hide out till it is over. Or if I can't get away quickly enough, I just look really really busy and hope the tour passes me by.

Hope you miss the tour, Duane!

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
CF_GAL #411332 04/24/08 11:29 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Well, I missed the "Bring your Kids to work day" today, just by the nature of the day that I had off today. However, a good friend of mine, a legal assistant/secretary, had to babysit for her law firm 16 young kids that came in. She does not have children, but just her having to be happy around them all day long...well... wore her out! I can't imagine being in that position. Ugh.

If I find that I did miss the world-wide publicity tour, I'll let ya know. If I don't, well, I'll need to close my office door for a few minutes.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.