Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
I know LA is very body concious, and probably there is a lot of plastic surgery!
I think you just have to work at it harder after having a baby. It is easier if you have help giving you time to work out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
I also wanted to mention that the expression Mom-jeans came from Oprah, who always talks about weight loss. I would not call her an anti-feminist.

Gecko
Gecko
I think we can all agree that when you have a baby, your body changes. Physically, hormonally, chemically, all that stuff DOES things. I for one am happy I don't have to think of ANY of that happening to me (especially the hormonally, since I'm pretty sure things would go...Badly). For a mother-to-be to not take any of that into account would be silly (and I'd be worried about what kind of doctor they're seeing that wouldn't warn them about that).

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Thank you Grey. You understand what I was saying about being happy about not going through that!
I guess we had another insulted person.... do we have to walk on eggshells instead of being open and honest, and down to the grittiness of life as it really is?

You are awesome Grey!

Gecko
Gecko
Nah I don't think Owl was insulted, they just didn't know you wouldn't be catty like that.

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Okay - good - not my intention - I just want to bring us together in unity and appreciation for our lifestyle!
I actually love people in general (until they do something to hurt me).

smile

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think it's perfectly fair to mention that not having kids comes with the opportunity to not have all the stuff that happens with pregnancy happen to our bodies. It is a BIG advantage to being childfree.

Simone de Beauvoir dismissed motherhood as, "...'a strange mixture of narcissism, altruism, idle daydreaming, sincerity, bad faith, devotion and cynicism."

M
M
That's one reason I give...I'm happier with my body than I've ever been in my life, and I don't want to throw all that away.

"Perhaps she would become one of those women, pitied or envied, who chose not to have children" - Atonement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Mine is starting to suck now AND I have chronic fatigue which makes it almost impossible to exercise. I was always an 8 or a 10, now I'm a 12 or a 14. I'd hate to think how it would be if I had had children though! I just miss shopping at Urban Outfitters, lol!

"The fittest will survive, yet the unfit may live"
~Devo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: BillieCat
I know LA is very body concious, and probably there is a lot of plastic surgery!
I think you just have to work at it harder after having a baby. It is easier if you have help giving you time to work out!

Boy is it ever! I've always marched to the beat of a different drummer and stayed away from all the conformity [censored]. Lots of plastic surgery to be found here, that's for sure.

"The fittest will survive, yet the unfit may live"
~Devo
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.