Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 38 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 37 38
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
It sounds like the yoga basics was a nice antidote to the hours of crane folding. smile

I like the basics part of the DVD.

I did not get in much exersize on my san diego trip. There was much lounging around by the pool, lots of drinking of the wine, and one walk around the bay.

So last night when we got home i did 2.5 hours of cardio to hopefully help.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That sounds great! Life goes in cycles and sometimes you need that rest and relax time to connect smile Sometimes you have tons-of-walking cycles like when we'll be in DC! So it all balances out smile

It is very nice out today - and my work backlog is very large - so I'm on my laptop on my back porch. You could say I'm not exercising - but I did a lot of walking / biking over the past few days. So I consider this physically my rest day - and work-wise, my catch up day to get things even slightly caught up. So it will all work out long term smile It is very peaceful and restful out here and I'm getting some sun, which I rarely do! Not direct sun - I'm under a shade - but ambient sun smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I did a ton of work on the back porch with my laptop which was both productive and restive. Then I went down in the basement and danced for an hour.

I did a few wheel rolls - and I had bought a new set of "push up supports" that I opened up to try. In essence they are circles with hand grips, and the circles can rotate. Sort of like you had a pair of twist boards and each one had a raised handle.

Here -

http://www.amazon.com/BodyRev-PP6000-Perfect-Pushup-Original/dp/B000KDM3BG/

So its main feature for me is that I can have my hands in a more natural position, because having them flat on the ground really hurts me right now. It doesn't hurt using these. Also the twisting means my wrists twist naturally as I go down and up which also lessens the strain.

Now my arm strength is VERY weak and I can barely do 2 or 3 right now. But I remember with the bike I started at only 3 minutes and am now up to 30 minutes. So I have faith if I keep trying these daily that I will build up my arm strength safely - which will then mean I can hold the yoga poses without hurting myself.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, sitting outside working sounds so lovely. My laptop lost the ability to connect to WIFI so i need to get a new card. Then I can join you sitting outside, watching the birds and also working! smile

I do like direct sunlight, but i make sure to wear sunscreen, a brimmed hat and sunglasses. So I can luxuriate in the warmth on my back and arms but not have to worry about cancer. Your sunshade sounds like a nice alternative. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa are you doing the pushups from your knees, or the full out "plank" pose?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL I am only trying on my knees!! I can barely hold myself up in plank right now. As I said, I know my arms are super weak and am working on fixing that!

I just got in a review copy of "Shiva Rea Flow Yoga for Beginners" from the Amazon Vine program, and Bob is out at band practice for the evening. Now that I got caught up on a few pressing issues I think I will give myself an hour break and give this a try!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
what is an amazon vine?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have to say, that pushup thing looks hard. but maybe you are right and with the swiveling it's less strainful. I guess that is the point of it?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right, for me my wrists kill me when they are flat on the floor. I know it can be partly wrist strength but until I build that up I need to do something. By holding onto the support with my hands wrapped around the bar, it is much easier on my wrists.

And then as my arms move up and down, the swivel helps the wrists to stay in good alignment.

Vine is a program Amazon set up to get more reviews done. In essence they took their top reviewers and started giving them a list of free things to review. So every month I can choose 4 items from the list and they send them to me for free. It's a short list - maybe 20 items - and many are things I don't want. I lucked out with the yoga DVD.

Really, most of us top reviewers are getting bombarded with free item offers anyway, so I don't think it's a huge advantage, but I do like that they say right on the review that it was a vine item so that people know I got it for free. I send most of my free offers along to the editors, so most of what I myself review is something I paid for.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Ah, okay, that is interesting. I didn't know Amazon did that but it makes sense.

hmmm on the pushups thing. How many more gym things can I buy this year? heehee

Page 21 of 38 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 37 38

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.