S
Skeeter Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
Not all of them... but alot of them.

Story goes as follows:
A 7 year old child is brought into the emergency room that I work at, he is blue, has stopped breathing, and has no pulse. The child has severe asthma and had an episode that was so bad that he went into respiratory arrest. His parents decided that the best course of action would be to bring him into the emergency room (at least one thing they did was right). So in the process of driving from downtown boise to our small rural emergency room, they passed two trauma centers, and two other emergency rooms, and drove 50+ miles to come and see us.

They were worried that if this was not considered a "real emergency" that they would be charged for it if they didn't go to their hospital. So as their child stopped breathing, and then his heart stopped, they simply kept driving.

He was life flighted out shortly after arrival, we flew him directly back to one of the trauma centers that was driven by in the first place. The child has no brain activity, and is currently on machines that let him breathe.

Make your own judgement on this one, but to me "willfully denying a child of medical care" qualifies as child abuse. They should be arrested.. and sent to jail.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
That is horrible. This is where mandatory sterilization should be applied. They essentially killed their child to save a few bucks!

Cindy

S
Skeeter Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
But of course... when CPS came and picked up their other chlidren, you should hear the screams about what great parents they are.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm glad to hear that their other children are no longer in danger of harm from their parents' ignorance and neglect.

There really should be some sort of test people have to take before becoming parents...and question one should be "Where do you go when your child needs urgent medical attention?" If the answer is anything but the closest hospital or trauma center, then immediate sterilization should occur.

Cindy

C
Shark
Shark
C
This is just horrible....How could you possibly think of saving money at a time like that?!? I choose life without children, but I KNOW if I were a parent and my child stopped breathing that I would have stopped at the FIRST trauma center/hospital I came to. Bills can be financed and paid slowly if necessary...you cannot replace your child's life. What were they thinking?! Yes, this sounds like child abuse to me too. If their child had asthma, they obviously were familiar enough with the episodes to know how severe this one was...yet, they kept driving. ARGGG! This infuriates me!

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
That is true - worry about the bills later!!! It doesn't matter what it cost! Thank the good Lord above I am 48 and not young enough to be their child.

I chose a long time ago to be child free (CF)....but when it comes to something like this - I will be the first one to tell them that they never should have had kids - how dare they!

If people don't have the patience, time, money or willingness to be a good parent - then make sure it doesn't happen. Bob Barker was half right when he said have your PETS spayed or neutered.

But - what a wake up call for health care reform, also. Presidential candidates - I hope you are reading this!!!!

L
Koala
Koala
L
This is so awful I don't even want to think about it.

F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Wow. What hideous, inhumane people. I don't want to think about it either. I want health care reform in the worst way, but am afraid with morons like this nothing would ever be enough to protect the child from them. The insurance excuse is the weakest, most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Thank god their other kids are not with them any more, though now what? Foster care? How incredibly sad. This jury of 1 says they belong in jail for a long time, if not forever.

Koala
Koala
Health care reform is needed badly but after reading your post and thinking about it this family is probly one of those baby makers that use the ER as a baby setter and a great reason NOT to go to WORK or KEEP a Job!! I have seen people take there kids to busy ERs and sign them in and LEAVE them!! there is nothing Wrong with the kids not a cold or runny nose nothing!!! But it makes for a great way to get out of work on friday and the rest of the weekend even monday or a whole week too! this is probly why they were more concerned with the money issue then the kids health! If the local ER's and Trama centers have made them PAY real MONEY to babyset there kids then they would go to one that would not know that they leave there kids in the ER for hours on end and expect the hospital staff to watch them!! or they droped the kids off the kid gets hurt or sick and they try to sue the hospital because of there neglect! REAL PARENTS dont do this and there for dont have to think about the repercussiones of there past bad actions or the money. All they care about is there childs health and wellbeinging!!

I am all for the parenting classes that you have to pass to have a child! I think there SHOULD be a law that says you have to take a test and PASS it before you can have sex or a child! I think that would stop alot of the "but I didnt know that would make me pregnet!??" I think education would stop alot of std transmittion un wanted babys child abuse and neglect... cut the need for Welfare hud and all that back by 40% and then if people had to take and PASS the test to have a baby BEFORE the get pregnet well that would cut out another 80% for what is left of the welfare and hud and all of that!!!
It would instill and real value to parenting and make people realize that it is a CHOICE weither or not you have a baby and a life time RESPONIBLITY and COMMETMENT!!! not a great way to fit in be cool make money or get attention and you can just wake up and think OOPs I dont want kids anymore here you take them!!!

After weeding out all the baby for money people leeching off the goverment maybe the people who really need the help can get the help they need! there is nothing NOTHING worse then trying to go to college and the finacal aide people tell you to come back when you have a baby then being a diebetic and sick and having no insurenence and you cant quilfy for help with your meds that cost $135 dollars a pen and you use one pen every day and a half and another one that cost $250+ for a vail that you have to replace every two weeks because you have a job and NO F!@#ING KIDS!! Never mind going to a DR that cost $300+ just for the office visit and you know they have to run test to prove that I am a diebetic and not just looking for drugs because the GOOD LORD KNOWS that all the Drug abuser WANT insulin so they can WHAT???????? DIE?????????!!!!!!!! it wont get you high but it can most certainly make you low and kill you!!! so no dr no test no meds and well ER's sure they will see you and lecture you about how your health should be your first prioity above all and tell you if you were more responcible with money you could pay them and get meds and test and all that great stuff that you need every 3 months but well I frivolessly blow my money on rent and gas to work and college (that I have to pay out of pocket to go to because that is my punishment for not having a baby and get books and all that because again i didnt have the first kid much less the second!!!).

yeah that hit a hot button! I am all for helping the elderly and the families that need the help the single folks out there that are 18-65 that cant get help because the help is given first to the pregnet to 18 yo's!!! and I am all for helping the working people make ends meet and those who cant work because of health or re educating people who cant do the job they have been trained to do and done for years but cant do it anymore because of health or even mental and emotional issues. That is fine but STOP THE BABIES FOR PAYCHECK!!!

stepping off the soapbox...for now... I think we should picket the white house down to the local court houses with signs that say babys for paycheck = child abuse and your kids arent the taxpayers responsiblity! you have them you pay for them! No Job No baby No brain NO baby

I am sure you could think of a million other signs we could use to picket! then we should have a holiday for the cf!

Koala
Koala
WOW sorry... I never realize how much i write until I post it....

sorry for the rant!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.