logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Aleash Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is my story. . I have to get this off my chest. .

I'm currently 23 years old and when I found out I was pregnant we weren't "planning" it. . we just bought our first home in November and a week later found out I was pregnant. . we were SO excited. . so was everyone in our family. . so all through December I got to be a happy mother to be.. Christmas time was so fun because I knew next year I'd have a little baby to share it with. . the feeling of knowing you have a baby in you is just MAGIC. . I felt on top of the world every single day. . and so did Josh my fiance'. Unfortunatly I had a miscarriage on Jan 2nd. . way to start the new year huh? I had a prenatal appointment on Dec 10th and they figured I was about 8 weeks and I wasn't due to go back till the end of January for my first sonogram. . New years day I started spotting and called my doctor who told me if it gets any worse to go to the ER. I hung up with him and me and my fiance' went to the hospital. (I couldn't wait). . when we got there they sent me for 2 ultrasounds and a little later the doctor came in and told us we had what they called it I can't quite remember.. but there was no fetus.. but everything else.. the sac, etc was there.. So they sent us home and said I would have to schedule a D & C. Josh and I went home and talked and cried for awhile. .and then went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and still very little blood just spotting. . and then after I laid back down I felt funny so I went back into the bathroom and I was bleeding very bad. . I mean I never thought anyone would bleed like this down there. . We called 911 and they came and got me and we went back into the ER. . called our parents/grandparents. They admitted me and I stayed until the morning when my doctor came to see me. . they sent me down for 2 more ultrasounds and said I still needed to have a D & C. . I was scared.. I never even went to the hospital before this and never had any kind of surgery.. the nurses and doctor were so nice and supportive though that they made me feel alot better. A little later they took me down and I was put asleep. . everything went fine. .and a little later they sent me home. The next 2 weeks I was a nervous wreck, I kept thinking I was gonna start bleeding again bad like that night(but I never did). . just spotting here and there. . a little like a period from time to time. I went for my one week check up and started back on birth control (which I was on when I got pregnant). . and now I have started my first period since all of this happened. . and I keep getting scared thinking that something is wrong. . but I have been assured that what is going on is my body going back to normal. . I get so sad from time to time. . thinking of what could of been. . should of been. The thing that scares me most is wondering if I will ever be able to have a baby. . this was my first pregnancy and the one thing I keep thinking is that I am so afraid to try again. . Josh and I are getting married on October 25th this year. . and that has been keeping me busy planning etc. . and we have decided that after we get married and feel "ready" we will try again. . This time I will be obsessed with doing it right.. getting off the birth control. . no drinking when we start trying. . vitamins. . etc. . though in the back of my mind I know that doing those things doesn't gurantee me anything. . I just feel lost and confused all the time. . and I read how alot of people try again as soon as there doctor says it is ok. . but I don't feel that way and I don't know if that is wrong? I don't know. . I know this was kind of a rambling of different things. . but I had to get it out.

Best wishes everyone. . Alicia

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
I, as well, had my miscarriage at the beginning of the year on Jan. 9th. I was 10 weeks along and the baby had stopped developing at 7 weeks. I can understand your excitement around Christmas. That is when my husband and I told our families and I was on top of the world as well. We had been trying and were so excited to get pregnant... It was such a devastating day when we went to the doctor to get an ultrasound. I had started spotting a week before my appointment and called the doctors office. They said that was normal and if I had camping I should worry... No cramping or heavy bleeding so I thought I was ok. The day before I went to the doctor I just knew something was wrong... It was so hard and upsetting to me! I had the d&c that next day after my appointment. So now it's been 5 weeks and I am still really sad and frustrated about the whole situation. We are anxious to start trying again but it's very scary as well... knowing the pain that comes with the loss of a pregnancy. I am so sorry for you loss and it's comforting to know there are people who understand what I have gone through and what I continue to face. Thanks for your post.

Abbey
C
C
I am 21 years old and I have had two miscarraiges in less than 2 years. I had my first miscarraige on June 6, 2006 and my second miscarraige on October 26, 2007. I knew that my blood type was O negative but didnt think anything of it when i got pregnant. If anyone is O negative it usually means that they have the RH Factor. With both my miscarraiges i never got the D & C. I didn't see any need. God brought me this baby and he was going to take it to live with him so i knew in my heart that i didn't need it. I am fine now and my husband and i are trying to conceive again. I hope that i am pregnant now. If we succeeded then i would be 2 and 1/2 weeks pregnant.

But if you really want a baby and you are ready to have one God will allow you to have one.

GOOD LUCK.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Aleash, I am so so sorry. That is awful. I too have had miscarrages. My first baby I lost down the toilet. I felt some thing, slippery and when I looked down there she was. I could see her eyes, what made it so heart breaking was having to flush the toilet.

Years later I chose to imagine what she would have been like, I 'knew' she was a girl. I gave her a name, and gave her to Jesus to look after, after telling her how much I loved her and how I felt and imagining what she would have wanted to say to me. I know she loved me. I cried and it helped. I know I will see her again, one day. If you can bear to let out all the pain, fear and trama and imagine your baby and do what I did it may help, when you are ready. Please let go of the fear, or you will not enjoy but worry over any new babies you may have, and that will not be good for anyof you. If there is any councelling that would help you get it out, even just a good supportive friend, who will let you take ALL the time you need, thats good.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. For what its worth, A year and a half aprox later, after my first miscarrage I had a live very healthy baby son. Holding him made it all worthwhile. Something precious will happen, you'll see. Sending you a big hug from England.

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 04/12/08 04:25 PM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

A
A
I had a miscarriage about 3 weeks ago. It was my first pregnancy. I was about 6 weeks along. I went to the hospital on a thursday because i was bleeding lightly and i had light period pains. The doctors took 2 ultrasounds and a ton of bloodwork. He came back in and told me that my HcG level as too low for how far along i was and that there as a chance of a miscarriage. I left the hospital and returned on saturday because i began to bleed a little heavier, more of a full-on period bleed. They ran bloodork again and told me it wasn't good and to go home and relax. By tuesday I was back in the hospital, because I had been woken up by strong pains in my lower region. The doctor told me that my body was going through contractions in order to push the baby out. I as ambulanced to another hospital here they did my d&c. Scary process to say the least.

A
ashleyspoor
Unregistered
ashleyspoor
Unregistered
A
Aleash, our stories are very similar. I was surprised to find out just how common miscarriages are, especially in first pregnancies. I too feel incredibly lost, like I will never get over this, and I've got doctors telling me "You should start trying again as soon as you heal physically." I cry all the time, over the stupidest things. I have actually been referred to a counselor as my OB believes I have a bit of postpartum depression. Another thing that I had absolutely no idea you could have if you didnt carry to term. I highly recommend counseling if you can get the strength to talk about it. I know the hardest part for me is talking about it, and my friends and family treat the situation as the "white elephant' in the room as not to upset me. Hang in there, my prayers are with you.

C
C
I'm 10 weeks, but baby has no heartbeat and stopped developing at 8 weeks. I've had absolutely no sign of anything being wrong until I went for out dating U/S.. what a shocker! I feel pregnant and hurt because my body is betraying me and making me believe that I'm still carrying this child. I have a D/C tomorrow and I feel it's the best option since I feel so hurt carrying this fetus that will never become a child that I can hold. My husband and I are blessed with our 2 year old son and weren't trying for this pregnancy but it was wanted none the less, we are both hurting tremendously. I know that this sort of loss is hard but please be considerate of your partners as well they feel pain as and sometimes put up a strong front for you but are dying inside and need to know it's okay.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.