Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#402331 04/03/08 03:21 PM
M
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
M
It's definitely something that they either nail or totally butcher. Fight Club is certainly one they nailed, though I still prefer the book. There's only so much you can do to really bring Palahniuk's work to life.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I read Atonement and haven't seen the movie yet but heard it was good.
I am finishing up The Kite Runner - I think that movie also did well?

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I have Atonement on my Netflix list, but I don't think I've heard about The Kite Runner. Haven't read either book.

Too many books (and films)--too little time!

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
I read Atonement but haven't seen the movie. Might as well add it to my Netflix queue as well. The Outsiders was extremely well done in my opinion. One of my favorite books of all time, and the movie makes it into the same category. I just saw that Memory Keeper's Daughter is being made into a film. I haven't read that book yet but I know the basis of the story, has anyone read it? Think it'd translate well as a movie?

M
M
Atonement nailed almost all of the visual details, but I don't think the story itself translated well to film - it was just too driven by thought.
And while I've never seen A Walk to Remember, I don't NEED to see it to know that it butchered the book and only left a few names the same. I kept reading about the heroine's "honey blond hair", and then I saw this brunette on the poster!

"Perhaps she would become one of those women, pitied or envied, who chose not to have children" - Atonement
S
S
As Manveri said, they nailed everything visually, but the story isn't there. It's tough to detach yourself from what you're familiar with to appreciate something for what it is when it comes to this sorta thing ya know? I've read Memory Keeper's Daughter and I don't think it's something that will loose the story much in becoming a film. The trailer for it I saw looks pretty good. It's on Saturday at 9 on Lifetime, so hurray for not having to pay for overpriced movie tickets heh.

haha yea not having to fork over $11 to see it was nice. i really loved it, now i really need to read the book though.

J
J
I have always like the interpretations on the Janette Oke books into film. They differ somewhat but Michael Landon, Jr. does a really good job and each film is great for the whole family. The latest, Love's Unfolding Dream does not dissapoint either! The way Belinda handles the whole "traditional" role vs. "progressive" role is artfully handled.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I have been disappointed in the John Grisham adaptations.

The movies have left quite a bit out from the books. Especially, A Time to Kill. One scene in particular is Samuel L. Jackson in the courthouse and shoots the two boys who raped his daughter. He shoots them with an M-16 rifleand there is almost a whole chapter on the stuff he had to go through to get that weapon and how he was going to get it in court.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
M
MFL Offline
M
Fingersmith by Sarah waters is one that was spot on

Probably because the best selling author was closely involved with the TV adaptation

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Angela - Drama Movies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.