Print Thread
#401211 03/31/08 05:42 PM
N
naz Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
N
I'm starting immunotherapy for my allergies tomorrow and wanted to see what kind of experience others have been with this. I'm excited that it may end my suffering once and for all. It's such a huge time commitment though so I'm hoping it's worth it. Please share your experiences if you've had success or not with this type of treatment.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Hi Naz,
I whole-heartedly support your efforts to try to find relief from your allergies and your willingness to invest the time and money. I went through allergy shots twice, each time for a period of about three years. However, I don't think this is common. But I have very severe allergies, including top of the charts mold allergy, and I was living in a moldy house at the time. Talk about stacking the deck against me. Don't worry, it's usually less time than that. After the first round, I got so much better I no longer needed medication or an asthma inhaler as I also had allergy-induced asthma. But after awhile, I began to develop symptoms again probably because I didn't move. Keep in mind I was still living in the moldy house. I started the second round and after so much time, eventually grew tired of the whole process. But the results were great. It's been about 7 years now and I seldom use allergy medication and never use an asthma inhaler. And by the way, I moved into a mold-free house. So it was a success! You should do great and be done in a lot less time as long as you aren't doing things like me to undermine the effort.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
N
naz Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
N
Thanks for the info. The only other person I talked to about this was a coworker and he swears by it. I'm glad it worked out so well for you. I read it has an 80% success rate, so it would suck to go through all this and it doesn't even work. But worth a shot.

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.