I have no problem personally being seen as battling a mild bipolar/adhd issue. If behaviors in a person, can fit into a label, why not call it what it is and teach the child or adult that he is merely "battling" distorted behaviors as a result of a chemical imbalance, brain quirk, family abuse, neglect, excess approval...whatever.

I get really tired of people saying "I won't judge" "I don't label" because I believe in calling things what they are in order for others to be able to realize the "why" behind those behaviors.

I prefer to not be left wondering, why someone consistently is mean to me based on false suspicions for instance. I'd rather have that person say to me "I am battling bpd, so if it seems one moment that I'm pulling you close and the next, pushing you away, realize it's just the disorder doing that through me, but I really still care and will come back in a while.

I'd rather have a person say, "Sometimes you may see me acting very suspicious of you for no reason. It's because I'm bipolar I and my meds are not always working right or I forget to take them."

Why can't people who battle disorders, just be HONEST up front and not put others through the torment of wondering "what the heck???"

~always hope