Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Hi all,

I've just featured a new article about internet marketing on the computer careers website.

Computer Careers Article

If you've got any internet marketing experience whatsoever, please feel free to share some of the following information with us:

1. What inspired you to get involved in internet marketing?
2. How long did it take to get a hang of internet marketing?
3. How long did it take to make a good living as an internet marketer?
4. Has internet marketing been an enjoyable experience so far?
5. What tips have you got for newbie internet marketers?
6. What qualities have helped you succeed?
7. How's this new career so much better than the last?

You can write one short sentence or a full page. Do share your words of wisdom (or warning) with us!

Warm regards,
Ogo

Last edited by Ogo - Computer Careers; 03/26/08 02:35 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Ogo
In 2005 completed a degree BA Internet Studies (with marketing and IT). So I've got a realy interest in internet marketing.

(1) Even though I'm an oldie I can see the power of the internet. It's amazing the way it has expanded. I see it as one of the very visible major changes in technologies and in my life time.

I'm currently doing a lot of internet marketing but perhaps not in the way you think. I am a successful Cochlear Implantee and Advocate and built a web-site for CIs and their stories. We have a member log in page and it's here we put most of the information specifically for other advocates. I also spend a bit of time each day researching what is on the net about implants and try and answer any of the erroneous views about it.

(2) I am currently in line for a national marketing manager position which will involve a lot more internet marketing. I still don't think the company has tapped anywhere near the power of the internet so I will be focussing a lot more on that.

(3) A good living. Well I work remote 3 days per week and use email, Skype and internet for my job all of the time. It's not quite internet marketing as you are probably meaning, but I've been earning a living in this way for about 3 years now. So more or less from the time I finished my degree in internet studies I started earning a living from it

(4) Is it enjoyable. An unusual question. You don't see marketing managers in corporations being asked if it's an enjoyable experience. The thing for me is being able to work from home, remote from any of my clients. I can be exceptionally response to their needs, have far fewer interruptions, work at my own pace and time (I start often in the early hours of the morning when I can't sleep)

(5) Tips. It really is no different than main-stream marketing. You have to be aware of what you want from your marketing and plan it accordingly. Measureability is the key. Monitor your traffic, find out where people visit and come from. Make sure you get your web-site address linked to as many other places as you can.

(6) I'm deaf. The internet was made for me

(7) I do like being able to set my own hours and work from home

Felicity
Deafness
O
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Hi Felicity,

Thanks so much for all the valuable information you've shared with us on the forum!

What's your CI website called? I would love to check it out and refer it to interested people I come across if possible.

I also feel that the internet is just right for me as I love to work at my own pace and keeps things simple. Although I'm not totally averse to routine, I'm not a fan of repetitive tasks (e.g processing orders manually and sending follow up messages) so I do love that computer technology cuts that out.

Internet marketing to me means selling goods, services and information online and I appreciate that a lot of people do this in unconventional ways.

Again, thanks so much for your awesome response and here's wishing you tremendous success in your future endeavours.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks
My CI website isBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Felicity
Deafness
O
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Thanks for the link, Felicity.

I will be checking out the website ASAP.

Online learning is becoming increasingly popular. I've heard of quite a few people who bagged their degrees from the Open University. Have you heard of OU, by any chance?

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I don't know If I know anything about Open University. I did the courses through a central body called Open Learning Australia. But this was only the co-ordinating body. All courses were run by various 'campus' universities around the country. I graduated from Curtin University in Western Australia even though I live 3 days drive away from them.

Felicity
Deafness
J
Koala
Koala
J
I love internet marketing! I went from having my own health and wellness website to selling products online and it's been a lot of fun. I've gotten in with some forums and met some people who are really good at marketing and sales so I've learned a lot about how to do it to be successful.

I think it's fun to see the successes and even things that don't work, I give it a try to see what happens. I like writing and networking more online than in person so it suits me fine.

O
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Thanks for your post, Joan.

Indeed many people find real life networking a tad awkward!

J
Koala
Koala
J
I think network marketing has kind of a bad rep because of the way some people do business. It isn't their fault. Their uplines tell them "Make a list of all your family and friends-Everyone is a prospect!" "Everybody wants your product-they just don't know it yet." They go to inspirational meetings to keep pumped up, etc.

I read the The 7 Greatest Lies of Network Marketing which is an ebook you can get free by clicking on the link. They tell you why 95% of people fail with network marketing and MLM's. It is totally changing the way I do my businesses. If you click on the link above there's a great video about the book.

There is another book you can get through Renegade University, which also puts out the free ebook above, called Renegade Internet Marketer. This ebook tells you how to get people coming to YOU instead of you chasing them. It costs $67 but it's the best money I ever spent.

There are so many things you can do to build your business and different networking techniques, blogging, etc are all covered too in this book. Basically, instead of just selling products and opportunities, you need to become a problem solver. Your product solves a problem for people who buy it so you become an expert, not on your product but the problem it solves.

There's a lot of psychology mixed up in this but basically you get people to see you as an expert and they seek out your opinion, rather than having them see you as an annoying pest who won't shut up about their latest biz op.

Last edited by joanj; 04/19/08 10:24 AM.
O
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Very true... expert platforms are soo important. Plus one shouldn't really create a product without carrying out market research (to be sure it's what people want in the first place).

Moderated by  Maria - Computer Careers 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.