Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I have to say that this board has been a great motivator. Reading all of your posts inspires me to also get moving.
Thanks everyone! smile

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's great news, Chloe!! I definitely know there are times that I think about just sitting but then I remember I would have to post on the board that I did "nothing today" so I get up and get moving. And it really does help to do even something small vs nothing at all!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes, it's small to increase your core workout - tiny continual torso readjustments.

It gets almost too easy really fast. I have been experimenting with using a weighted fitness ball with it and with trying to hold a leg in the air while twisting. That's much harder. smile

LOL. I think the grey one is much classier looking than my cute blue board, so you got that going for you Lisa. smile

At first Dan and I didn't use the twist board for longer than five minutes, but we just got more addicted to it over time. In fact, and this is funny, Dan just grabbed it right now to twist on while watching BSG. He has no idea I am writing about it right now. smile

I like to switch back and forth with it and the treadmill after each commercial break.

Anyway, just a warning that the thing is addictive.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Does anyone use a Wobble Board, or a Bosu? (still looking for fun new workout toys).

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We are just getting used to the twist board - we just got it - but I've used it twice today and it is a fun break from other activities. I find I "circle around" though so if I'm trying to watch TV I move away from central smile I was watching Ninja Warrior which was very inspiring smile

I also rode 30 minutes on the bike today. I do want to do the next Yoga session too (I've finished the 'beginner set' and am now into the 'full sessions') but I'm taking a few minutes to catch up first smile

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
I have a wobble board, Jilly. Found it at Walmart for $10 or so. I've had it several months and it was only when I found at via yoga how my balance "ain't what it used to be" that I've been using it some.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We've been playing with our twist board daily - it definitely is being used each day. Bob was trying one-legged twisting today smile It's something you can easily hop onto, twist for a while then go on to something else.

Bob is on the exercise bike right now!! He hasn't been on in a while. I'll get on it later when he's off. Yesterday I did a full yoga set - 55 minutes - so I'll go write that up in the yoga area!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I've been getting really creative with the twist board. One legged, twisting high, twisting low, using hand weights or my weighted ball, and trying twisting with different motions - hips, waist, legs, butt out, butt in....

What's nice is it's totally non-impact and pretty easy after the first few times to just hop on it and twist, so I think anyone could use this.

it's so fun I am now looking into wobble boards. Deb, can you go into more detail about yours? Is it fun? hard? Wobbly enough?

Zebra
Zebra
I think it's good if you need to improve your balance and it is also good if you are like me and have issues with just being still.

I can stand there for a pretty good while on both feet now, and I can appreciate that it is helping me even though it seems so "easy" compared to more moving exercises.

(It took me forever to learn to stretch properly--I am I guess a Type A person who tries to hurry everything, so I think this is a good thing for me! For instance, I've never been able to "lay out" in the sun like my friends used to do for hours.)

One foot is still quite challenging, and I've done a bit of light weight lifting (with two feet on the board) which is another level of challenge.

For the money, it's worth it. I think I saw them at Target or Wally World this week for around $16, but I know I got the same board back in the fall for maybe $10--I think the box was messed up or something. I have the Gold's Gym brand one.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm not a sun layer either, I'd rather be doing something than laying. Yoga is hard for me, to convince myself to just do "slow stretches" for long periods smile But I'm trying to remind myself that stretching is important!

Low Carb Forum
Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.