OP Offline
Gecko
B
The money is all mine......

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
I'll come home to a quiet house (once ther dogs run in and calm down) and I won't have all the noise and stress children would bring. After dinner, I can take a hot bubblebath, read, play online and write my novel. None of those things would be possible with chidren because my husband doesn't help out around the house, can't cook, and doesn't care to learn. It would all be on me. I don't want it all on me.

Today, I celebrate having time to myself.

Last edited by Cherry Red; 03/20/08 04:16 PM.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Gecko
Gecko
Frieda, that sounds fabulous! I think I might like to try yoga.

Thanks, Cindy, for reminding me of the day off tomorrow -- I forgot! I know that sounds warped - to forget you have a day off - but I love my new job so much now that I don't scope our days out as much as I used to. I hated my old job so much that I used to have holidays planned six months in advance.

My BF and I will sleep in tomorrow (8 a.m. is late for us), do our usual coffee/newpaper/crossword puzzle routine in our jammies, switch to mimosas and watch a little TV, throw some beer in the CamelBaks and hit the bike trail by 1 p.m. Lovin' it!

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Gecko
Gecko
What is WITH all you morning people?! My guy and I can easily sleep until 11, if conditions are right. Of course, we're both naturally nocturnal, and both of us are forced onto daytime schedules because of work. :P

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Oh! I just thought of this. In May, my hubby is going away for three days too! It's actually the first time in our 15 year marriage he's ever stayed away overnight. (I've done it 4 times, all in the last 4 years.) I'm looking forward to having the house to myself. Since I'm only child, I always had alone time. 4 1/2 yrs ago, the hubby and I started working the same exact shift. I've missed those couple of hours of me time before he got home from work. I simply can't imagine how my alone time would dwindle down from next-to-nothing (as it is now) to absolutely nothing if I had kinds. While he's gone, I'll enjoy hanging out with my pups. I'll probably go have dinner with my mom one night, maybe with a friend the other.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
this is a great thread. i was calling myself a fence sitter until very recently and since i've realized that i am indeed CF, i have been having these waves of happiness and RELIEF. since i love kids of all ages and always have, and work with teenagers, i needed to really soul-search before feeling okay with this decision. i needed the strength and support to realize what i truly want for my life. i find myself having these moments where i realize that i have so much freedom and that i would hate to lose that! i used to think of my life in terms of before kids and after kids b/c i knew that once i had kids i'd have to give up focusing on so many things my marriage, my self, my hobbies, relaxation, etc. I started feeling panicked--like i had to "get it all in" before i was 35 or something. once i realized that i didn't have to stop living as i do now, i felt tremendous relief and happiness

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. -Mother Teresa
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Wow, I just felt like a thread like this today! Thanks Billiecat, congratulations Frieda!, and my thoughts are with you Fbritt as you go through this time of contemplation. Myrabeth, I loved the sound of your day and everyone, thanks for sharing - I love reading these things.

Today it is Good Friday. I have had ONE HELL of a couple of months on this huge project I have been working on. I have delivered, made it through, and learned so much in the process (really grown and become a better person, tee hee). This morning I have woken up to the prospect of 4 days off with no work. The house is a tip because DH has been frantically painting the outside of the house with some borrowed scaffolding and I have been working 12 hour days and weekends.

I am sitting here looking like a wreck amongst the wreck of my house but with that delicious feeling of 4 days to get everythng back in order again. If I had kids, I would be now being pressured to take them to the Easter Show, to the beach (indian summer stretching on here), to do Easter egg hunts (would be nice to organise if I had the energy but I don't) etc etc.

Last week DH went away for work overnight, and I was exhausted so I picked up Thai takeout on the way home and curled up on the sofa and watched Desperate Housewives DVDs, then slept for 9 hours.

Last night when DH came home he made cocktails (Cosmopolitans) and we got pleasantly slightly drunk and romantic then slept like logs.

Because I woke up this morning feeling a little bit estranged from friends and family (because I have been focussed on work since February) it was nice to read this very grounding thread. Thank you.

CFFB #396249 03/21/08 12:20 AM
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Feebee-
Sounds like you really deserve the extra relaxation time. Don't worry about the house being a wreck. You can clean it any time. Enjoy yourself while you can. smile

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Thanks for the encouragement Cherry Red. I actually quietly and calmly got in the mood for giving the downstairs living room a complete spring clean and doing 3 loads of washing. I feel really great that I've done this and at least one space in the house is looking good. But I'm taking my time...

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.