Hi I'm new to the forum. I've been getting the bellaonline newsletter for a while now and it just clicked in my head to sign onto here and ask this.

I'm from New Jersey originally, and over there I knew all the tattoo and piercing parlors to go to through word of mouth from coworkers, friends, and accquaintences.

However, I just moved in with my boyfriend who lives in Memphis, Tn. So here I am in Memphis, and I want to start adding to my collection of piercings... but where do I go? There are dozens of shops in the city that I have seen just driving by, and tons more in the yellow pages. I don't know who has an excellent reputation, excellent service, and who to believe. I'm new here, I haven't started school yet, so I have little to no friends into the body art scene to talk to. I could go from door to door to see who offers what, but I wouldn't know whether or not to believe it. One shop may say they've an APP member on their facility, but the last shop I knew that had an APP member reportedly didn't have excellent people service. Another shop says they have grouped togeather the best in Memphis in a brand new shop. How do I know they're the best unless I get something done by them?

I've already been disappointed once when I got a vertical industrial piercing in my left ear, and the moron didn't even warn me that it would reject on me because my rooke is to small. He just said it looked good with my short hair style at the time, "very british punk" he said. The guys shop had news paper clippings all over the walls of how he had the best service in the area. I spent $100 on a piercing that I loved and it rejected. I have a permanent scar from it now, and I am still extremely [censored] off about it. The guy even gave me a colored hand soap to wash the new piercing with. He didn't tell me to cleanse it with saline water, which I'm pretty sure is what I was supposed to do.

If some one in the Memphis, Tennessee, area knows a good shop with people who know what the hell they are doing, please send me recommendations. I want to go someplace, hopefully like what I see, enjoy the service, and hopefully keep going back there. I don't want another piercing I immensely enjoy f***ing up again because I inherently trusted someone who had only half a damn brain cell and no idea of what he was doing.

I can't brain today...
...I have the stupid.