Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 38 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 37 38
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right I turn 40 next year so we're not that far behind you!

Jill - I really wanted a "visual" timer - something that I didn't have to see numbers on but that had a moving color bar or band or something to visually show my progress. I've written the guys who make the red one to ask if they can do it in another color smile

And yes definitely walking is SO good for you - it is great that you're doing that, Rosie!!

So far all I've done today is the 20 minutes of "balance yoga", I think I will head down and dance now smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Thanks Lisa, keep on dancing girl

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I had fun dancing, and did some more Bowflex. We also went out and did a ton of shopping, I wish I brought my pedometer with me to see how much we walked. I have to remember to bring it along! So now the remaining thing I want to do tonight is the next "sun worship" segment of the yoga DVD to report on that. I'm afraid of it though - I think it might have the famous Downward Facing Dog in it. However, I need to try each segment to be able to write them up. So I'll brave it!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't mind the Downward Facing Dog, myself, but i have not yet tried the upward facing dog. it looks harder, at least on the video i have. I learned the downward one from my yoga book.

Anyways i wanted to add that i tried one-legged twisting on my twist board. it's doable, but quite a bit harder. More concentration is needed for sure. What is funny is that one leg is better at it than the other. smile

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Jill, it is natural for one side of the body to be different than the other. You will notice this more and more with your yoga, I guess it isn't surprising considering that most of us are right- or left-handed.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm going to try that sun worshipper segment today, later on. Bob has band practice tonight meaning the living room will be free.

In the meantime it's sunny out so I'm going to pop outside for about an hour I think and get our bikes cleaned up!!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
In good news, I got my Valero Fitness Ball today. I am excited to use it on my twist board tonite. It weighs 6 pounds and is big and squishy and bright yellow.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, i opened and used my package with the valeo ball and it's actually blue - a really pretty blue. I used it on the treadmill, twist board, stability disc, stability peanut and yoga mat. I LOVE it. It's pretty heavy for bing a small squishy ball, and it came with a wall poster of Fitness Ball Exercises.

So my gym area is now looking pretty good with the various posters that came with my gear. And I really love having all these fun options in bright cheery colors to play with. It's like having a playground as a grown-up. Why do we stop playing in playgrounds? We All enjoyed them as children, right?

Last edited by Jilly; 03/18/08 03:09 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, that's great news, Jill! I'm glad you're getting everything set up!

I'm looking forward to my twisty board, I think that will be a lot of fun!

I did get in some actual bike riding today, for the first time in many years. Plus I danced for 2 hours while Bob practiced with his band. Also, 20 minutes of yoga. I'm hoping to get a long walk in tomorrow!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Claybird, thanks for the info on balance. it's weird that one side is more balanced than the other but what you say makes sense. smile

You are really grooving Lisa! What is your long term plan for exercise? Do you plan to do this every day, do you plan to have rest days? Are you trying to achieve a goal right now, or are you just experimenting?

Also i think you will love your twist board. it is so easy to just climb on while watching TV. so fun to twist high and low and kinda go crazy on to music.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/18/08 03:11 AM.
Page 13 of 38 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 37 38

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.