logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 38 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 37 38
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Way to go Deb! that was a great walk, nice temps i can't wait for it to get into the 60s. just to open the windows

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It was 50F here and we had the screen door open smile It felt nice and warm compared with previous temperatures!!

I got my new dance mat in so I went down and danced for a while. Then I did the Bowflex with 140 pounds total, because my new aim is to be able to "lift myself" with chin-ups. Plus 50 sit-ups.

I want to note that when I do the bowflex with the "one 50-lb arm" on each side it pulls smoothly but when I have it with "one 50-lb arm and two 10-lb arms" (i.e. 3 arms) on each side it is much more "tremulous". So I'm not liking this. It's not that it's really shaky but before with the one arm on each side it was very solid feeling. It might be better with just two arms, but I'd have to do 50+30 so I didn't want to go right up to that weight. But I did do 15 reps in each direction with the 140 pound weight.

My new dance pad is a RedOctane pad which is more rubbery on the bottom so it doesn't slide along the floor as much. It does still slide slightly so Bob will have to velcro it in place to the rubber mat we got to go beneath it.

I still want to do yoga later tonight after I get a bit caught up here.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I didn't do yoga or anything yesterday, I got caught up in doing some coding projects.

It figures, it snowed here last night! So much for our 50F temperature. Today's log. I went down and danced for about an hour, then did 15 reps in each direction with the 140 pounds. I then did 60 sit-ups, the sit-ups are definitely getting easier now and I was able to go through all 60 without stopping.

Then I came upstairs and did the 20 minute "standing" yoga workout and realized just how bad at balance I am smile That's OK, it's something to work on. I came back to my computer to check in and report on that new yoga session, but now I'm going to go back and do the 10 minute "back bend" workout.

Jilly has impressed on me how important that back bend part is given the situps and chest exercises I'm doing. So I'm following Jilly!

How is everybody else doing on exercise this fine Saturday, the Ides of March?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That walk outside sounds great Deb. Damp after a storm is cool.

Also good job, Chloe!

Last edited by Jilly; 03/15/08 08:36 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am doing my usual mix of treadmill, stability disc with hand weights, twist board, and also tried a half hour of yoga. smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly I'm really intrigued by this twist board thing. How much do you use it at a stretch? Is it like a 10 minute activity and then you go on to something else?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I really love the twisty board. I used it twice today. Dan is actually on it right now while we are watching a movie.

It's hard to *not* be on it b/c it's fun and easy and a core workout that requires so little thinking/effort.

here is is on Amazon:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Jilly; 03/15/08 10:19 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was just trying to twist around while watching tv and thinking the disc would be fun. What do you do on a disc though? I think I'll get the spinny one for now smile

I just rode my bike for a half hour on level 6!! First time for a half hour!! smile I was pretty tired after that trek!

Low Carb Forum
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Thanks Jilly! I went out walking again today, another beautiful day in the low 60's.
I am so interested in the twisty board and the price is right. I'm not sure how I would use the stability disc though. I would also like to know how you use it?

Last edited by chloe21; 03/16/08 01:24 AM.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I've ordered the grey twisty one and Jill has the blue one so we can compare notes on them. It appears they're really the same on in different colors. I should have mine in two days, so Tue or Wed!

Then Jill can tell us all about the other stability disc. To me that doesn't look as fun, I'm looking forward to the spinny one though smile

I did try "twisting" on my kitchen floor in socks and it wasn't very slippery smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 11 of 38 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 37 38

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.