Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#389017 03/07/08 06:03 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
What color is your house & do you like the color?

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Koala
Koala
M
The exterior is beige with brown trim.
Yes, I like it - especially since it was all just repainted in the fall and it looks so fresh.

Mavis
Koala
Koala
Ours is blue...we just got the new siding...I love it! Blue is one of my fav colors.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Connie, I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had with your ankle. Hope you are healing quickly.

Our house is light grey with white trim. It is very cold looking from the outside and I do not like the colors. I would prefer yellow with dark brown trim or white trim.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Yellow, my favorite color

Rosie L
Koala
Koala
Thanks Phyllis! I fell the other day (while on crutches) and so I am trying to be extra careful. Luckily I didn't hurt anything but my pride!

Hey Donna...what color is your house??

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
My house is a dreary beige (no I don't like it - lol) with forest green shutters. I would love a yellow house with blue shutters, but when we were building our home owner's association decided they didn't want any more yellow houses in the neighborhood. Bummer! We live in a wooded subdivision out in the country and everyone on my street has a house similar in color to mine. I think I might just have to paint the front door a different color or something!

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Shark
Shark
Our house is a warm brown color with deep brown trim (vinyl siding). Most of the other houses in our area have resided with light colors but we really wanted to stick with the darker color of the original paint because we loved the way it looked. It was really, really hard to find siding of this color and we delayed several years because we couldn't find any. But finally we did and it was worth the wait. We are one of the few homes with siding this color and we love being unique in this way.

Hey, speaking of painting the door a different color, Donna, we painted ours a vibrant red and it is quite stunning. Now other homes in our neighborhood are doing it, too. But that's great because it looks so good.

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Diana, I love red doors! I painted the front door of our last 2 houses red. Red always looks so inviting and I love the backdrop it provides at Christmas for a wreath.

This time, I think I want to try something different. I want to change the shutter colors, too. I have to get permission from the home owner's association first and they tend to take weeks, so I'm not in a big rush.

There is a house in our neighborhood with the prettiest green siding. It is painted wood and I'm not sure of the color - maybe a mix of emerald and teal.

There is another house painted in the brightest blue. I always wonder when I walk past it why it was approved and the pale yellow siding was refused for our house. Not that there is anything wrong with the blue, but our neighborhood is very woodsy and the "powers that be" try to keep the colors more natural. Bright blue seems a bit out of sync, whereas I think pale yellow is very natural.

I love Victorian style homes where each is painted a different color. What I love about those homes is they usually are painted in 4 or 5 colors! Sadly, it seems like most Victorian neighborhoods I've seen are in cities where the homes have fallen into bad disrepair.

I also like to drive through beach neighborhoods where all the cottages are painted in different pastels.

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Cherry red is a beautiful colour, I like it used sparingly. I also love pinks and greens, I have some nice throws that are all these colours and they look like tapestries.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.