logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
My favorite comedies so far: "Something's Gotta Give," "Dennis the Menace," and recently I saw "Death at a Funeral" (warning, it's British humor but I like that)on a plane and my dear husband had to shush me from my laughter with my headphones on. That's when you KNOW it's good!
He was watching the horror flick' "Resident Evil" on his screen and I kept bumping him with my elbow when I was splitting a gut -scared him pretty hard several times... tee hee hee!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
I'm not sure about my 'all time' favorite, but Hot Fuzz was really good -- definitely a recent favorite.

My husband would say Dumb and Dumber.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Shark
Shark
The only comedy that I've watched more than once and laughed on repeated viewings was "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. I think I watched it 14 times before I stopped laughing at all the jokes.

A more recent movie that made me laugh a lot was "Why Did I Get Married?" I am NOT a big fan of Tyler Perry's work, but the Angela character (who was basically the Madea replacement) had several funny lines.

Dani Sanders, Prime Time TV Ed.
Prime Time TV Website
Prime Time TV Forum
I could list several that I love, but my tops are probably 40-year-old Virgin, Wedding Crashers, Starsky & Hutch, You, Me & Dupree, Meet the Parents, Shanghai Noon.

Cheril Vernon
Specialty Channels
Amoeba
Amoeba
Some years ago my husbands business went bankrupt. Life was a bit scary.

We rented a video movie (1983) called 'The God's Must be Crazy' I am not sure if it was meant to be a comedy but we were all in fits of tearful laughter all the way through.... It seemed to make our lives look so very stupidly complicated and coupled with all the misery and humiliation we had just been through it just broke us up. I am sure that it was that film that helped us all pick ourselves up again and pull together, but it was also the best laugh we had ever had.

I have both versions 1 + 2 now and whenever I think I am taking life too seriously i watch them Not as funny as the first time but life has not got that messed up since!

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Oh yes, "The Gods Must be Crazy" is very definitely a comedy, and at the top of my list. It has a lot more going on than just belly laughs, although there are plenty of those.
I remember when it came out Bill Cosby denounced it (without seeing it) as being disrespectful to indiginous Africans, but it is the native African who is successful in the end and in the process skewers the powerful no matter what their color.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I also love Tommy Boy, and my guilty pleasure is White Chicks. I have to add Zoolander in there too... I watch them all over and over and over again (to the point of quoting from them to friends who have absolutely no idea LOL).

Monty Python, the Holy Grail is another favorite! How can I pick just one!!!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

J
J
Mine favorite is Rush Hour 3 and any comedy movie starring Jim Carry.

My favorite movie is any of comedy movie done by JIm Carry. Really loves him.

Please visit my blog on
Ipod downloads
Tiger
Tiger
Overboard make me think of another Goldie movie - Private Benjamin and Death Becomes Her.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick - Funny Flicks 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.